(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyh

First Post
Living Enworld Atlas and Almanac

The Atlas is now open for submissions! Please thoroughly read the submission guidelines posted here before posting.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Well, you can add the city of Lathirn - meaning 'without a name' - to the list of places mentioned. ;)

I'll put some work in on it later. Nothing too detailed... probably just what Troi remembers, and then the basic facts about it from there. :)

Great idea Casar! Consider this an official Judge recommendation!

Wow, Im honored and will gladly except once it runs through all the necissary steps. I just flew back into Michigan, was visiting my parents back in MN, so I am a little backed up in the tavern I am sure but Tiggle will be a brewing in a bit. Also, I have a bunch of days off before college starts back up for me, let me know if you need help on the characters McBeth and I will take over when you leave

G

Guest 11456

garyh said:

Good point, Thels. Do we have volunteers? I'm commenting as I catch up, so if someone has already volunteered, great! :)

I'll also volunteer to look over the characters, garyh. I'll post any problems I see, here.

Macbeth

First Post
Thanks for the offer to help with the character stuff, but I think I shold be able to get it done, especially since I will have internet access immediately when I get there, so at most I lose the half day I spen traveling and unpacking, plus the time I spend packing. I think I can get it done, but I will certainly keep your offer in mind Casar.

I've gone over roughly half of the characters and have started posting the names of the ones which I have gone over. I have, regretably made a couple of mistakes, which is bound to happen, but I have also corrected a mistake or two in the characters, so it all evens out.

WizWrm

First Post
Good job on the characters, Macbeth. That's not an enviable task, so I'm sure I won't be alone in thanking you for doing it.

As to the inn, it looks like we've exhausted most areas of conversation until we get a job offer or someone new walks in*. Of course, if there are any GMs watching the thread we could go traipsing through the woods or some-such.

By the way, is the Red Dragon Inn part of a city, or is it pretty much alone on the road, or is it just the main attraction of a town that's built up around it (like Solace from Dragonlance)?

*[Edit]: Done! But I see there are a still great number of characters in the Rogue's Gallery who haven't come in yet. I want to talk to a halfling necromancer. :D

Upon hearing common sense the gnome quickly shakes his head and begins to cross out all that he had written. Many patrons take a sigh of relief and drink there brews with only slight trepedation.....but some can swear they notice Tiggle peaking at his boots from time to time.

Heheh; wouldn't make sense to talk about that last line in game, but that's good comedy. :p

It's weird, not wierd.

Last edited:

Late night inspiration again, I introduce to you all the miniquest. I have just introduced an idea in the Red Dragon Inn as a request by the bartender Tiggle for unusual items to be brought back for use in drinks, in compensation free beverages. However I think there can be some player benifits with aproval from Judges that creative items found on adventures get bits of exp. The more creative the more exp. The trick is this is not just randomly coming up with something but using something from the adventures your character goes on. Rather than ignoring the colorful description of the forest the DM gives you examine the flowers and bring back pedals or seeds. This way it adds a little touch of realism to the world. When your off questing your not withdrawn thinking of the task at hand, your keeping your eyes peeled for something wierd the DM puts in to bring back to your favorete bargnome. Regardless of this gets aproval for extra exp I will gladly reward anyone with naming drinks after them and the such and as much roleplaying reward as I can, but hey some material gain in the exp. department never hurts. Plus this is one of many different miniquests that can go on throughout your time on Enworld. So theres my latenight brainstorm fot tonight tell me what you think.

Edit: changed upon learning the name of the planet

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Casar Couer De' Lion said:
Late night inspiration again...

I like the miniquest idea, Casar! I also think it's appropriate for DM's to award a small role-playing XP bonus for fulfilling such quests.

Oh, and the world's name is Enworld. Original, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads