• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Judges can have normal PCs...

If we decide that judges should handle xp and not DMs (I'd rather DMs handle it, and judges say when we think too much or too little was awarded), then there will have to be a second judge to watch the game.

If we go with the latter, that being that DMs give xp, judges can play in any game and still be a normal observer of it.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'll try and see about the new forum thing, once we get a new forum I'll be able to clean things up and we can use all the threads we need to keep things organized. All the rulings passed in this thread will be handed down into a general information/rules thread and all.

Dungannon

First Post
I have a question about a minor change to my character. Instead of knowledge (local), since it hasn't been determined where the Red Dragon Inn is located, could I instead have knowledge (Ravensdale), the town where my character began his career?

reapersaurus

Explorer
umm.. is anything being done to keep an OOC thread about the Living ENWorld _concept_... ie the entire GAME, without having OOC comments about a particular adventure?

For example, this thread is hard to keep up with because people are posting OOC comments about the Inn activities and the 1st adventure. Not that there's anything they're doing wrong - there's no place else to post their comments. :(

Wouldn't it be helpful to the game if there was an OOC thread solely for world-building comments, and suggestions about how to run it? IT would make it easier for collaborators to concentrate on what's needed for the game to be successful.

Or going the other way: there should be an OOC thread for each IC thread/location/adventure....

eidt: P.S. Gnomeworks - would it be easier to get a new weapon approved (the Whip Dagger from S&F), then to get a new feat approved? Plus, the feat expenditure is awfully taxing to a PC's "resources".

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
reapersaurus said:
eidt: P.S. Gnomeworks - would it be easier to get a new weapon approved (the Whip Dagger from S&F), then to get a new feat approved? Plus, the feat expenditure is awfully taxing to a PC's "resources".

Well, I considered that, or the Nagaika from MotW. However, I've already spent my EWP feat on the whip, and a whip dagger or a nagaika are both pretty expenive... now, granted, if they were okayed, I'd drop my rapier for a short sword and get whichever was accepted (assuming I could make those mods to my char).

So I guess if cs decides to allow the whip dagger, I'd use that rather than a normal whip. As it stands, though... well, he said core only, but he did say that we could make feats. ;)

reapersaurus

Explorer
As for a world-building suggestion or 2, I'll float these out:

1) I'd love to see a (lost) world of dinosaurs in ENWorld - a place of legendary beasts, and savage species. ;)
It doesn't have to be based on solely the Dungeoncraft articles of Jandor's Valley, but that would be a great jump-start towards creating one....
As for dieties, I don't know if an entire Pantheon is needed, like he did in Jandor's Valley - just a spirit Dinosaur Guide.
I have a cleric domain already worked up...

2) I thought there was a lot of possibility for open-ended adventure in the concept of a "Darklands" - an area of the world that had been encroached upon, and taken over by the forces of darkness - it's a border that divides civilization and chaos.
Here's a sample quote from 'my' old "Paladins of the Boards Unite!" thread:
"I have assumed up until now that the Darklands were simply an accursed place stained by the presence of foul sorceries in ages past and sacrifices to demons which polluted the land," says Sir Rhys. "However, it is possible that all the dark magic is not in the past and that evildoers still make these lands their home.
I wonder if Zenon is still around... he took the idea and wrapped Grazz't into it very well....

Creamsteak

Explorer
Alright, I'm starting an adventure that some of you might recognize. It was a plot from the LHHS game that never came up. I think I'm going to add Allimon as the name of a small nearby hamlet.

Right now I'm hoping that Morrus replies to my email to him so I can get this all moved into it's own forum, which would be quite helpful in organizing everything. It's all a real mess to me, and I want to fix it, but I want to get the forum to put together first.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
CS - I know you said core only, but would the whip-dagger be an acceptable weapon to use? IIRC, it deals 1d6, and is basically a whip that deals more damage that is automatically lethal. However, it costs 25 gp, as compared to the whip's 1 gp cost.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Hola ,all.

As far as the three adventure ideas that I posted, two were there for flavor, since Brindle is indeed a professional 'Poster'.

Brindle
For those suspicious of him, good, you should be.
While he is not an obvious undead, Fiend or Mind Flayer in hiding, there is something wrong about him.
His reputation in town is, however, impeccible. He posts jobs, often very dangerous, often very lucrative ones. He seems to enjoy giving out infomation to prospective takers, usually in riddles or in a very vague manner. Brindle usually represents folks not wanting to frequent the Inn for one reason or another.

Attempts at Scrying him, detecting his alignment or even reading his thoughts have ended with mixed results. Often, the attempter gets Brindle in his/her head with a Well,what an inquisitive little Lamb you are...let me show you something REALLY interesting.' Several folks thus 'caught' spying on him have up and left town, never to been seen again, though there is no known case of him harming someone.

The Crypt and Troll adventure seeds should probably be left on the board for now. I don't want to be running 2 adventures at once (although I can with little difficulty), as I want to give a proper amount of attention to LEW. besides, there are several other adventures up now and i will happily run either of the other 2 once folks gain a level or so.

-Uriel

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads