(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
creamsteak said:
It's still just me, Uriel, and Garyh. I've adapted some other people as DMs or story masons, to keep things going and in line. Don't send anything yet, this project is NOT far enough along for me to start worrying about custom feats and such. The first concern I have is to get us a forum now, then for me to organize all the data necessary to collect and deciding how to best organize it.

Okay. I'm assuming you'll let us all know when you'll be ready to accept custom feats and classes (;)) and whatnot, so I'll quit pestering you now. :)

Jade Solstar

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
Meepo, I just didn't want to be the only guy running adventures, especially 3 of them. I could just as easily let someone else run it with the seed that I gave.
I thought that Brindle's conversation with Troi would have made it obvious that he thought the Crypt adventure might be a 'Pass on it' one. I was sort of throwing out a few at once, perhaps for successive adventures.

I can run it, though. I'll just tone down the original concept.

CS, I think we need a 'DM Recruitment/Forum for Living ENWorld' Thread. It might help keep the flood of posts in this one down, and would let folks that wanted to Dm know where to post their services as well.

I can run an adventure if you need me to Uriel, so as you arent overloaded with stuff...just let me know how I can help!

jade

Creamsteak

Explorer
Also, I'm limiting threads to 300 posts each, if everyone is alright with that. After that you close the thread (end it with a link to the new thread) and start the next.

Everyone ok with that? Judges will have to close said threads.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
creamsteak said:
Also, I'm limiting threads to 300 posts each, if everyone is alright with that. After that you close the thread (end it with a link to the new thread) and start the next.

Sounds reasonable.

reapersaurus

Explorer
cs - what's the interest level like so far in your offshoot-adventure from LHHS?
I'd really be interested in playing in that, but I don't have the time to read .... 250 posts just to find out if there's room in your side-adventure.

And I'd vote for a higher # before making a new thread when the first thread is going strong... at least 400 or more. The more 'low-post-number' threads there are, the more bloat there is, and the more disruption in the game(s).

Of course, I'm not sure what the current moderator recommendation for size is on threads, but it seems too low from my experience (but I'm not the DBA for this site). I just wish I didn't feel like the pushes for lower post numbers in threads was based on wive's tales and urban legends, but I do. If it's based on cold, hard, database facts, than whatever limit they say is OK with me.

garyh

First Post
creamsteak said:

I'm on it, CS.

I'm glad you've been on today. I didn't want to go too long making stuff up on my own as I go. ;)

garyh

First Post
reapersaurus said:
I just wish I didn't feel like the pushes for lower post numbers in threads was based on wive's tales and urban legends, but I do. If it's based on cold, hard, database facts, than whatever limit they say is OK with me.

If you say "database" three times while looking at your monitor in an otherwise dark room, Cthulu will eat you.

;)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Jade Solstar said:

I can run an adventure if you need me to Uriel, so as you arent overloaded with stuff...just let me know how I can help!

jade

Thanks, Jade.

I love running adventures, as all of my games show, but it would look odd if the first 3 games were all run by me (the 3 'seeds' that I posted).

It would be great if a whole bunch of folks DMed short adventures. That would flesh ENWorld out quite well, I should think..

If you have an adventure in mind, by all means let us know about it.

-Uriel

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
You shouldn't post at two in the morning local time after being awake for around twenty hours.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
I tried to stay away but now I am interested, I know I should read this thread but how does one go about joining the madness that is Living Enworld :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads