(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizWrm

First Post
1. Go to the Rogue's Gallery thread for Living ENWorld.

2. Post a legal character. 1st level, standard 30-point buy using only the 3.5 SRD. Maximum starting gold.

3. Don't even try to read the whole tavern thread, except the first post.

4. Post your in-character entrance in the tavern thread. If possible, read the last two or three pages for the job offers that are currently available and who's organizing to take them, which isn't very organized right now until one of the Judges posts the information on the Bulletin Board, which is the second post in the thread.

5. Do whatever.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Originally posted by Guilt Puppy
Also, I demand a Dwarven Pantheon, with a god of totally whooping up on everything included. One LG God (as in greyhawk) is just too bland for such a proud civilization as the Dwarves!

This is flavor stuff. It's better if the starting pantheon has just the core god requirements, so that players can 'discover' new gods when they reach an appropiate level and spend enough research time on it. We shouldn't have everything filled from start to end.

1/2 or 3/4 hp doesn't really matter, the idea is that it's fixed, not random, so it's a lot easier to check. However, with 3/4, I'd recommend:

Dice - Even - Odd
d4 ----- 3 ----- 3
d6 ----- 4 ----- 5
d8 ----- 6 ----- 6
d10 ----- 7 ----- 8
d12 ----- 9 ----- 9

So round down at even levels and up at odd levels.

Arken

Explorer
Velmont said:

Yeah, it would be a good trade off. Some times, discussion IC of an hour long can take longer than a week OOC to do, but at the same time, the adventures, travelling can take 1 post and two weeks are already gone. I think IC:1 day = OOC: 1 week a good thing.

I agree to an extent but there might be at least a small problem, If a character wants to make makic items (as I was planning as the core part of my character) then they have to spend a wekk real time not doing anything just to make a potion, anything beyond that (weapons etc. and they actaully have to wait months (real time) just in their workshop...
Is there any way round this or is it not really a problem?

Thels

First Post
I'd say to only keep this measure for in-tavern business. If you go make your sword there in the tavern, then yes, it's going to take you months realtime. Time outside the tavern might handle differently. I think you should be able to return to the tavern once you're done with your adventure.

Perhaps a rule should be made about how long stuff takes just outside the tavern, when you're training/crafting/casting spells such as identify/etc...

Fanog

First Post
Just a quick question for one of the people 'in the know'.

Has anyone detailed the city around the Red dragon Inn yet? I found references to The City, but no name even... If it hasn't been invented yet, I might have something to add. ;) Ewald was a member of the City Guard until today, so I'd be willing to give some details about the city.

So, what's the current situation?

Fanog

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gnomeworks, if that comment about being up for 20 hours was for me, I haven't been...
I just post until I slepp, then start posting as I do my 'stuff' around the house, then I post at work sometimes...I was stuck in the Coat-Check box tonight, so no comp (I did get girls flashing me th...er, never mind. Anyways, I am rested, have no fear.

As to the City, I would have happily named it etc... but I thought that Creamsteak might want that, as it is the City in which his Tavern sits.
Mine is/will be the 'Belching Orc Inn', located in Rivenblight <where I will be running adventures from shortly).

-Uriel

Creamsteak

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
cs - what's the interest level like so far in your offshoot-adventure from LHHS?
I'd really be interested in playing in that, but I don't have the time to read .... 250 posts just to find out if there's room in your side-adventure.

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?postid=1084764#post1084764

Nobody has responded to it at all so-far. Also, I'm thinking 300 posts because that limits the number of pages of posts a player has to go through to read a thread. I assume that since you can view pages at 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50, that 300 being about 10 pages on average would work. I could apply this restriction to just taverns, though, since you have reminded me that it creates a break in gameplay, and taverns seem like they wouldn't be slowed down since they are sites that people would be trying to find some ticket out of there and onto the road most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads