(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, as a DM, don't want to be rewarded with PC power. It seems really really odd, and not earned in the same way.

Well, I think right now some of us might be aiming more at DMing rather than playing and we may feel left behind when it comes time to start playing. But thats just my opinion, so I threw it out there. I think a ranking order is a must, nothing like healthy competition to get the creative juices flowing.

I'm wondering where Morrus is.

He posted within the last 24 hours on the PbP Im in that hes running, so he could not have gone far.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
As far as thre Dm/points thing goes, I meant that the idea for some kind of reward is a valid/considerate one. These folks usually spend a lot of time trying to make sure that others have a good time in their gaming experience.
That being said, I, as a habitual DM (Yes, I am addicted) expect no compensation for my efforts, other than the occassioanl feedback from players who have enjoyed my efforts.

We don't need a system per se for rewards, but
I'm sure that we can come up with a way to say 'Thanks' that doesn't imbalance the game.

A bit of extra starting cash even, or 2 attribute points or something else mild for their character (Please, no arguments about how these are powerful compensations, I was merely giving examples).

If someone is DMing at the same time that their character is playing, then they don't need a 'catch-up' reward. Their Character is already playing and gaining experience.

-Uriel

I guess it is kind of my problem alone for the moment then, being that I think it would be kind of awkward if I had a PC at Red Dragon as well as Tiggle. But I give you the point, those of us who DM with viggor do it for the reward of player enjoyment and torture (you know you love seeing your players completley stumped on a problem or baffled by a battle situation) and not for monotary or player rewards. Something small if anything will be fine, DM's will still be there for the love of DMing.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Well, I'm going to give it some thought, as a Player/DM/Judge. Good DMing should be rewarded if only in a minor way.

Anyways, on to another subject: The active LEW games.

Can we get an official list of who is playing in what?

So far, we have my Trek to the Vinyard game, and the one for poor ingredient-deprived Tiggle (guys, find him some Harpy toe-cheese, he needs it...er, never mind, I'm at work at 4am and a bit 'off').

Perhaps McBeth, the official 'Character-Wrangler could give us a listing, as well as perhaps a list of those folks who have not yet joined/found a game.
Then we could get to rectifying that and get everyone having a bang-up time of World-Building-Madness!

-Uriel

Last edited:

PLAYER LIST FOR TIGGLE'S ORDER
Torindel------Jade Solstar
Sturm--------Guilt Puppy
Khaz----------Whatkn
Milo------------Grim
Zhumar--------Meepo the Mighty
Llolian--------Snipehunt (yet to report to the back room)

Macbeth

First Post
Perhaps McBeth, the official 'Character-Wrangler could give us a listing, as well as perhaps a list of those folks who have not yet joined/found a game.

I don't think that I'll be able to until tomorrow. I am leaving at about noon today to move to my college campus, and I will be without internet for the better part of the day. Tomorrow I will search out a computer lab and get back to reviewing characters, etc., but I really can't do much for the remainder of the day.
But from what I can tell Casar's list is good. Thanks, Casar.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Garyh, I assume that you are the 'Living Enworld Judge' personna? It could be creamsteak, I guess...

Uriel
The 'Other' Living Enworld Judge

For the sake of some realism I would like for Tiggle or Joe to call closing time at the bar, thus ending the first game day of the world of Enworld. Any objections please stop me otherwise sometime tomorrow I will probobly have our little gnome friend shoe everyone to their rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads