• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Devlin and Wippit Guud both have good stat blocks. Formatting the character in [*code] format works pretty well, IMHO. I'm not going to make a flat decision just yet, gotta give it some time.

JDragon

Explorer
Do we need to let someone know that if we have submitted a character?

Also, will we get somekind of notice when our character is approved?

Thanks

Creamsteak

Explorer
Since we have a character thread judge (Macbeth), I think I need to talk with him a bit about this. Macbeth, would you send an email to livingenworld@hotmail.com so that I can give you access to the Judge account for the purpose of dealing with the Rogues Gallery thread. That is, if you want to. If you don't, I can take care of it, no problem.

Also, answer the question above and answer my questions:

1) Do you want to email everyone your corrections, rather than posting them to the RG? Or would you rather continue to post to the RG with corrections?

2) Do you have anything to say about the character stat block formats?

Thels

First Post
Posting in the thread would require a moderator to go over them and delete those posts. Would be easier if he could do it himself, but alas. Every time a character changes, the player should post in the thread too in a seperate new post just to inform MacBeth I think, so we need a moderator for that anyhow.

Needless to say, I like Zoe Clearwater's format :D. Anyhow, I do have all details specified, which might make the sheet look pretty big, but it's easy to calculate and spot changes as it lists exactly how values are built up. For nonhumans, there ought to be another subgroup called Racial Abilities that contains all abilities that aren't simply a bonus to another value somewhere on the character sheet.

Last edited:

Wippit Guud

First Post
Thels said:
Posting in the thread would require a moderator to go over them and delete those posts. Would be easier if he could do it himself, but alas. Every time a character changes, the player should post in the thread too in a seperate new post just to inform MacBeth I think, so we need a moderator for that anyhow.

Does this chat board allow subscribing to threads? If he can subscribe to the RG thread, he'd get an email every time something was posted... I don't know how it works with editing, though.

Also... what about a separate thread for each level? When a character levels, he's deleted from his previous level's thread and posted to his new one.

Also makes a great case for getting our own forums :)

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Yes, it does. But you don't get a notice if someone edits his post. And now that everyone's carrying their character over to the new thread, some of them make some minor changes to them. So everyone, whenever you make a change to your character, make a post about it at the end of the thread.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Who will buying magic/masterwork items be worked out? It would be nice to set up a system that allows people with craft skill to gain something from having those skills. Simply being able to buy anything from the DMG would hinder that - especially in the magic item department.

Fanog

First Post
To any of the judges,

it seems that there's three adventures currently running (or starting), but there are also some players who are just joining up, or otherwise haven't found an adventure yet. Should there be more job offers?

If it's necessary, I could whip up a short adventure. It would probably take place in the city itself, so the crew might be variable. Also, it might be fun (and a bit realistic) if there are more adventures then people to run them. That way, people could actually chose. Any ideas?

Fanog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads