• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wippit Guud

First Post
I look ofer creamsteak's character, and I'm hoping, nay PRAYing the character is not based on who I think it's based on. Perhaps a skill testing question will satisfy my curiosity...

Gur? What's the G stand for?

Pyrex

First Post
Wippit Guud said:
Who will buying magic/masterwork items be worked out? It would be nice to set up a system that allows people with craft skill to gain something from having those skills. Simply being able to buy anything from the DMG would hinder that - especially in the magic item department.

My suggestion would be that standard equipment in the players handbook would be readily available "off-screen".

For masterwork or magical items, you'd need to find a PC to craft them for you.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Pyrex said:

My suggestion would be that standard equipment in the players handbook would be readily available "off-screen".

Mind you, that also makes people with those abilities in high demand, there should be limits as to how much can be charged for those services.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Wippit Guud said:
I look ofer creamsteak's character, and I'm hoping, nay PRAYing the character is not based on who I think it's based on. Perhaps a skill testing question will satisfy my curiosity...

Gur? What's the G stand for?

It didn't even occur to me that my character could have been from Invader Zim. Otherwise I don't know to what your referring to. If you think it's an acronym, I'll make one up:

Generic Ugly Ranger...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Pyrex said:

Right now I'm allowing people to purchase items normally. When we have a few higher level characters, I'll start phasing out NPCs for item purchases as I can. DMs can still have NPCs with wares for trade within the context of an adventure as they please.

Wippit Guud

First Post
creamsteak said:

It didn't even occur to me that my character could have been from Invader Zim. Otherwise I don't know to what your referring to. If you think it's an acronym, I'll make one up:

Sorry, with the name and the RPing to this point, just seemed like that was the basis... something I've wanted to do for a while, incedentally.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Wippit Guud said:

Sorry, with the name and the RPing to this point, just seemed like that was the basis... something I've wanted to do for a while, incedentally.
Now your making me wish I had.

Pyrex

First Post
Wippit Guud said:

Mind you, that also makes people with those abilities in high demand, there should be limits as to how much can be charged for those services.

Why? Supply and demand is one of the basic tenets of capitalism. If people see that wizards are overcharging for their potions, soon enough there'll be more wizards around brewing potions and the competition'll drive the price down.

Wippit Guud

First Post
creamsteak said:
Now your making me wish I had.

I would've, but trying to be Gir on top of running a mentally retarded, austistic half-ogre cleric in another pbp... well, I wanted someone with intelligence instead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads