• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Your role-playing experience seems a little high by my standards, but I'll go with it. The encounter read well, and that's quality to me.

After your done with the thread, make a post from the LEW account as the "Finished Adventures Thread" or something like that. Then switch back to your account to list all of the assets (and time passed) by the characters in the adventure.

On the last line of the post, type in #post followed by the post number of your post to that thread. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I'll take care of that for you. This will allow us to fully catalog the characters adventures and the characters will know what post number to identify it as in their character records...

Er, that may sound complex... if theres any confusion just tell me and I'll walk you through it.

Thels

First Post
CS> It sounds confusing.

I find paying XP from an existing character a little weird, but it might work.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
CS, I may have give a bit much, come to think of it. 500 for everything other than the actual Kills/Chalenges is half a level at first. I had a tally as I went along for this and that, asking particluar questions, searching for tracks,traps,clues etc...

Anyways, I can move it back a bit to 300XP, which I think is easily deserved, which would still put them at Level 2.
I doubt that they would mind much.

Pyrex

First Post
Uriel said:
CS, I may have give a bit much, come to think of it. 500 for everything other than the actual Kills/Chalenges is half a level at first. I had a tally as I went along for this and that, asking particluar questions, searching for tracks,traps,clues etc...

Anyways, I can move it back a bit to 300XP, which I think is easily deserved, which would still put them at Level 2.
I doubt that they would mind much.

Fine by me. :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Thels said:
CS> It sounds confusing.

I find paying XP from an existing character a little weird, but it might work.
What are you talking about?

Sounds like two completely different subjects. My last post was about recording how experience records would be organized, paying xp has nothing to do with it...

WizWrm

First Post
He was talking about my last post on the page before, with my proposal for guidelines on how to start with higher-level characters or level-adjusted races.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Another feat for consideration.
Feat: Swarm of Companions
Prereqs: Animal Companion, druid level (equivalent) 3+
Benefit: Instead of the normal animal companion, the druid (or ranger, etc) can have several smaller companions. None of the animals can be larger than size tiny, nor can they have a CR of greater than 1/4. These companions progress by the following table instead of the standard animal companion progression.

Class Level*Swarm HD*Dodge Bonus*Wis/dex Adj.*Bonus Tricks*Special
3rd–5th******2*********+1********+1********1******Link, homing
6th–8th******4*********+2********+2********2******Share Memories
9th–11th*****6*********+4********+3********2******Evasion
12th–14th****8*********+5********+4********3******Empathic link
15th–17th****10********+7********+5********3******Sense Link
18th–20th****12********+8********+6********4******Possession
Animal Companion Basics: Use the base statistics for a creature of the companion’s kind, but make the following changes.
Class Level: The character’s druid level. The druid’s class levels stack with levels of any other classes that are entitled to an animal companion for the purpose of determining the companion’s abilities.
Swarm HD: The total HD the swarm can have.
Dodge Bonus: each companion gains this dodge bonus to AC.
Wis/Dex Adj.: Add this value to all companions’ Wisdom and Dexterity scores.
Bonus Tricks: The value given in this column is the total number of “bonus” tricks that the animal knows in addition to any that the druid might choose to teach it (see the Handle Animal skill). These bonus tricks don’t require any training time or Handle Animal checks, and they don’t count against the normal limit of tricks known by the animal. The druid selects these bonus tricks, and once selected, they can’t be changed.
Link (Ex): A druid can handle her animal companion as a free action, or push it as a move action, even if she doesn’t have any ranks in the Handle Animal skill. The druid gains a +4 circumstance bonus on all wild empathy checks and Handle Animal checks made regarding an animal companion.
Homing (Ex): The companions can make a wisdom check (dc 5 +1 for every mile they are separated from the druid) to return to the druid from where ever they have ranged.
Share Memories(Su): By holding the companion and making a Wild Empathy check (DC 12 +1 for each hour that has passed; cannot take 10) the Druid can experience the memory of an event which the companion wishes to alert her to. This communion takes 5 minutes and the druid is considered stunned while sharing memories. The experience is as the companion remembers it and thus it is unlikely that the druid will be able to understand any spoken conversation, though she would know if people involved were talking.
Evasion (Ex): If an animal companion is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.
Empathic Link (Su): While within one mile per druid level, the druid can, as a standard action, sense any companion’s general state and location. With a successful wild empathy check (DC 10 + 1 per mile away), she can command her companion to respond to one of its known tricks. If a companion is currently searching or guarding, it can alert the druid that it has found something by succeeding at a wisdom check (dc 10).
Sense Link (Su): While within range of the empathic link, the druid can share the sensory input of any of her companions. The druid is considered stunned during this time and can also use her Share Memories ability through the link.
Possession (Su): By succeeding at a concentration check (dc 15 +1 per mile distance), the druid can temporarily possess one of her animal companions. The druid is considered stunned during this time, and the companion is staggered. The animal cannot speak, but can gesture, act and cast spells (if they can be cast in animal form).

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Pyrex said:
Fine by me. :)

Actually, I just went back over my notes and I see that they defeated the 2 feral Ogres and two[/] traps.

The second CR2 Trap netted them 600XP, 150 each. Along with say 350 for RPing. that would give them the amount I had listed at first.
Sound fair, CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads