(Discussion) General Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrex

First Post
Mmm, Calculus homework. I am so happy not to have any of that any more. :)

Given that once again I seem to be involved in an adventure without anyone along who can cast Cure Light Wounds, can we assume that there is somewhere in Orussus where we can buy CLW potions?

[size=-2](Now that I'm adventuring again, I still need to know how many hitpoints I get at lvl 2 CS...)[/size]

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gnomeworks,Thels,Wizwrm,Velmont,Keia and Arken, I am wanting to advance you to an end Scene in the Trek to the Vinyards if you don't mind. Otherwise, we could have folks posting 'how shall we approach the folks hiding in the attic' for another 2 days of real time.
Let me know if this is Ok with you.

Off to sleep... back in 6 or 7 hours.

-Uriel

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
Given that once again I seem to be involved in an adventure without anyone along who can cast Cure Light Wounds[/s], can we assume that there is somewhere in Orussus where we can buy CLW potions?

hmmm... I forget, can rangers cast from wands right off, or only at 4th level? In any case, cures are also on the bard list eventualy, so a wand might be a better investment (and give katherine something to do when she's done shouting encouraging remarks.)

Kahuna Burger

Thels

First Post
Pyrex said:
Mmm, Calculus homework. I am so happy not to have any of that any more. :)

Given that once again I seem to be involved in an adventure without anyone along who can cast Cure Light Wounds[/s], can we assume that there is somewhere in Orussus where we can buy CLW potions?

[size=-2](Now that I'm adventuring again, I still need to know how many hitpoints I get at lvl 2 CS...)[/size]

Well, my background says I trained at a Temple of Hyrag in Orusses, which should defenitely have healing potions available. If there's no temple, then I got a bit of a problem, cuz my whole character's story would be completely wrong.

The wand's a nice idea. Wouldn't work with scrolls, since it needs to be made by the same class (Scribe Scroll Rangers and Paladins?) but not so with wands. A little expensive though.

Uriel> I'm totally fine with it.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thels said:
Well, my background says I trained at a Temple of Hyrag in Orusses, which should defenitely have healing potions available. If there's no temple, then I got a bit of a problem, cuz my whole character's story would be completely wrong.

The wand's a nice idea. Wouldn't work with scrolls, since it needs to be made by the same class (Scribe Scroll Rangers and Paladins?) but not so with wands. A little expensive though.

As a startup cost yes, but for the cost of 15 potions of cure light you can have 50 charges of same... It also allows a less combat oriented type to take on the role of healer (the front line guy can get upped without losing his action and taking an AoO to swig a potion.)

how do people feel about partially charged wands, perhaps with the caveat that you aren't certain how many charges are left. (ie, a detect magic spell will tell you that the wand is Unused (fully charged), Partially Used (3/4 to fully charged) Around Half Full (1/4 to 3/4) or Almost Used Up (between one charge and 1/4 full). Though I suppose that might be overly complicated with switching DMs... but the partial charge thing makes sense for and adventurer's pawn shop sort of place.

Kahuna burger

Thels

First Post
I meant my character doesn't have that amount of gold lying around.

As for partial wands, they're used items, so they should sell for less than normal, but availability is random.

Pyrex

First Post
Kahuna said:
hmmm... I forget, can rangers cast from wands right off, or only at 4th level? In any case, cures are also on the bard list eventualy, so a wand might be a better investment (and give katherine something to do when she's done shouting encouraging remarks.)

According to the SRD, a ranger can use a wand before gaining spellcasting ability (there's an example listed with a 3rd lvl paladin...).

The wand is definately a better investment, but is probably less available than potions.

Thels said:

There's probably a temple, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a) there's a cleric there with 'Brew Potion' or b) he'll sell them at market value to anyone who walks in off the street.

Scrolls don't need to be made by the same class only the same type.
Rangers, Paladins, Clerics and Druids can all use/scribe the same divine scroll of CLW.
The Bard would be the only one out of luck as only another Bard can scribe an arcane scroll of CLW.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Thels said:
I meant my character doesn't have that amount of gold lying around.

As for partial wands, they're used items, so they should sell for less than normal, but availability is random.

Well, I wasn't suggesting that I be able to say "I go buy a 25 charge wand" But that at the temple for instance, Katherine might be able to make a decent diplomacy check to buy a partially used wand brought back by one of the adventuring clerics and traded in for a fresh one...

Thels

First Post
Oh, oke, that matters. Should've bought me 2 scrolls :(

As for the temple, would it sell those to paladins that trained there for years? :p

Anyhow, it's a good idea to establish a market value PC's could come across with no questions asked in Orusses. Everything exotic (ie, above that cost) should be up to the Judges I guess.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Pyrex said:
There's probably a temple, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a) there's a cleric there with 'Brew Potion' or b) he'll sell them at market value to anyone who walks in off the street.

er, isn't that what "Market Value" means? Someone associated with the religion or with a "good cause" might be able to get them cheaper, but there's no good reason to assume we would get charged more... or else you might as well just toss the prices set up in the SRD out the window. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads