(Discussion) General Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Manzanita said:
I like odd numbered point buys too. I also like high numbers. You'll never be able to build a Conan or Aragorn on a 30 point buy, let alone a 32 point buy. I don't see how we could really change it at this point, anyway.

I'm not suggesting a change. It would be very simple to have people add a point,providing we chose to go with 31. 33 looks much cooler, however.

Krug

Newshound
Is there an FAQ for playing in Living EN World? Would be a great help for newbies like me.

Watch out for Lakrith, the Half-Orc Female Barbarian.. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
other stuff

Would it be useful for me to start a separate thread on for dying, and what happens after?

I'd also like to start a thread for plot hooks.

I also think we should have an ENworld history thread (named something more clever) that would record the deeds of valor acomplished by our noble PCs. Perhaps after each adventure ends, the DM or some player volunteer, could write up a bried description of what happened. Between this and the plot hook thread, DMs would have a lot of material to work with to integrate the campaign better.

Shall I start there? I have a EN judge ID I could use, so someone else could edit them.

dpdx

Explorer
Are we ****ing kidding?

A firm NO from me on ECL+ races for PCs.

We started out SRD only, and for a reason, which I hoped was game balance. WTF, people don't think halflings, elves, dwarves, etc. are good enough anymore?

In fact, if the idea of LEW is just to build Monte Haul - Munchkin World, I'm out of here.

It's lazy and unbalanced, is why, and I would still hope that we're interested in building a balanced campaign setting. Instead of actually adventuring, putting in the time, and gaining levels, we've got people who would self-whack their PCs just so they could come back with their half-dragon sorceror or whatever. I'm not interested in playing with such characters, or DMing them.

But if I have to DM them, I'll have to be WAY interested in making sure said characters don't overpower the whole party, and throw it out of whack. That's less fun for the "mortal" (i.e., reasonable) characters, or I could take the easy way out and just concentrate the attack on that character first, every battle. Maybe once I drop him, the rest of the PCs can just have a nice, regular battle!

You know, there's a whole general PbP Forum on here where people can run their half-dragon svirfneblin monks with unlimited resurrections or whatever they want. And it's a big board, so they should be able to find people who think that way, and have a nice game.

I don't get why we have to ruin LEW with that, however, unless it's an ego thing, and that's even less attractive.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I agree that odd numbers add that tiny extra bit of choice to point buy systems about "which number do I want to be odd," but I also think that it isn't really a concern for us anymore. I just think its odd that I picked 30 for some reason.

I'd like to tart a new thread up, as this one has become cluttered a bit. I'd like to have a DM/Judge forum here, but its not very likely. The proposals forum should serve this purpose fairly well (for discussion of proposed changes/ideas/etc.), while the approved proposals forum will be more for confirming information and organizing it for the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads