(Discussion) General Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macbeth

First Post
Even if I'm not helping out around here anymore, I have been watching the discussion, and might I suggest using the Unfettered from Arcana Unearthed? If I recall correctly, it's OGL, and has much the same style as the Swashbuckler. Might be good to keep Rivenblight around.

On the other hand, I really like the idea of making the disappearence of the city into a plot hook.

Erekose13

Explorer
I have been giving this one a lot of thought last night too, and I agree with KB and Macbeth, could we not come up with an OGL or perhaps home-brewed swashbuckler type that would satisfy everyone?

In regards to the Unfettered, I looked it up last night. The Class table and class features are all OGL. The name itself as well as the flavour text behind the class are PI. But that is okay all we need is the class abilities. I was thinking of creating something similar though, leaving off the sneak attack and cleaning up the skills and bonus feats lists and adding a couple more abilities. I will try to put together a proposal post by this afternoon.

Manzanita

First Post
On the topic of plot hooks, I have a few open, or that will open. Perhaps there should be a thread of plot hooks potential DMs could use to flavour, or even, base a game upon.

Erekose13

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
I will try to put together a proposal post by this afternoon.

Okay so one day was not enough. Lets see if I can finish it up tomorrow. I have something that is working. Just have to put it all together and see about balancing it.

dpdx

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
2) would inclusion of non SRD but thouroughly OGL content be acceptable to others?
This is a good question, and it deserves an answer: yes. If we're granted the right to post/use something, and we like it, we should post/use it.

I ask this because this conversation has imo polarized to discussing the options of including closed material vs sticking only to the SRD, when what I was really hoping for in this project was more home grown or home approved, but open, options. That middle ground seems to have been lost along the way except for gods and locations, and talkof PrCs...
The presence of very important discussion about fair use of stuff in the thread doesn't preclude "more home grown or home approved, but open, options." Manzanita, for example, had a very good idea about a plot hook repository.

If you've got a home-grown option that's not a deity, location, or a PrC, by all means post it up there as a [Proposal]. It'll get looked at. I'm on my way to check progress on stuff as we speak.

(also I've been looking forward to another inn opening. ;) )
Me, too.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Also note, I updated the character thread. Now we have an alphabetical list (that links!) of characters. That way you can quickly look up and link to a particular characters sheet on call.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Also note, I updated the character thread. Now we have an alphabetical list (that links!) of characters. That way you can quickly look up and link to a particular characters sheet on call.

Very nice. Excellent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads