(Discussion) General Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Alright, Cain and I are settled up, let's put that whole thing behind us.

As for player versus player, is this LEW really going to go down that road?

I would like to know before I begin further play with my characters. I don't like pvp in video games and I really think it detracts from the game in PPB and PNP.

It is never fun, some people like it, but not I. I don't want to walk around role-playing and have to worry if I didn't shake their hand they might kill me. I don't want to have to look over my shoulder every time the rogue steps behind me and I can't hire a henchman to watch my sleep from every player in the game. It is stupid, and you can disagree, but that is how I feel about it and I am sure that I am not alone, or am I?

Otherwise, I would like to request an adventure for Lawful Good characters only who have forsworn violence against friends, sure that sounds stupid, but so is PVP.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, of the 100 characters posted, only two of them have decided to actually bloody each others lips. So I think that's pretty good evidence that LEW's community isn't the backstabbing player killing sorts.

I can't say much for newer people, but I think the vast majority of enworlds play by post community (and by vast I mean 98%) are good people that respect each other and gaming in general. I just want to make sure that things stay somewhat realistic, meaning that I don't want to outright tell everyone that they can't every under any circumstances go after another character. I mean, it's quite possible that at some point down the road when resurrection becomes a question that we might even pit an evil party and a good party against each other on intersecting adventures. But what I want to make clear is that I would prefer it if the community and community members are the ones dictating what is valid and invalid reasoning for such drastic actions.

In the shortest and most concise method I can think to say it, "I trust you guys."

I trust that we have players that accept consequences for their characters, that we have characters that will be played in a fashion that doesn't use any serious metagaming, and that LEW will be shaped by the people involved. I think that Orsal, myself, and Kahuna all agree that our standards are to accept consequences for our characters if they were being threatened by a legitimate In Character foe that was played by one of our friends. Orsal mentions that he wants the same respect out of other players, and would like it if they accepted reasonable combat.

All that behind us, all I have to say is that I don't anticipate this happening again for a while. Ottakun has told me that he thinks it might help to have a level restriction, and although I don't like to force an arbitrary timestamp on characters actions, if other people think it might help newer players just tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads