(Discussion) How to organize LEW?

dpdx

Explorer
Check yours, too, Jack.

As for me, so far my approval list is: Mongrel.

I'm very concerned about overlap as it pertains to deities, and I want to work all that out, first. I'll get to PrCs and Feats after the Pantheon.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Fine by me.

In the mean time, I'll start formatting the proposals for html... Shouldn't be too tough to cut and paste bit and pieces in as they get approved.

dpdx

Explorer
Jack has published his approval list, and it changes things. My count list is therefore updated accordingly, here.

...here's what's approved, deity-wise, whether it has the requisite votes, or is just automagically posted in the Record thread of the Pantheon by Living Enworld Judge, or both:

Hyrag (posted, 1 vote)
Chennet' (posted, 6 votes)
Phyrah (posted, 5 votes)
Taka (posted, 5 votes)
Grendath (posted, 1 vote)
Verdante (posted, 1 vote)
Delanor (posted, 1 vote)
Antonidas the Drevin (posted, 1 vote)
Gliran (3 votes)
Mongrel (4 votes)

These deities are one vote short of approval:
Shural
Kazikazi
Geoth
Ayratha
Ieranth
Taurusk

These deities are two votes short of approval:
Ker
Janiosen
Sela
Cursed

These deities are three votes short of approval:
Kroggoth (already used in an adventure)
St. Feragon (")
Mortalists

I've moved Chennet' and Phyrah into the Pantheon Record thread (Creamsteak, can we make that one sticky, too?), and can do so with Gliran and Mongrel, our two most recently approved gods, if someone else doesn't get to it.

Last edited:

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Creamsteak said:
Alright, this thread is for discussing how to set up the organization structure of the threads that comprise LEW. This includes naming conventions, links, and what threads should be sub-sections of a given thread or a completely independant thread.

Right now I envision that the following big threads are necessary, 1) Characters, 2) Approved Material (SRD links, OGL, Homebrews, WotC content), 3) Campaign Source Material (guilds, maps, characters, finished adventures, history, gods, etc.)

And the fourth (and hopefully last) sticky is the main thread with everything a player needs to play, frequently asked questions, links to other threads, and some other content that I probably just havn't thought of yet. I'm going to crunch some of the other material into sub-threads or something, I don't want to go over 6 total threads on top.

Agree, disagree, or have something to add?

So far you have the sticky threads (Record) Official Character Thread and Red Dragon Inn Trading-Post.

I would reccomend adding a Newbies thread and a Where is Everything thread.

The Newbie thread should cover the basics of a PbP FAQ along with whatever nuances are needed for LEW.

The Where is Everything could have one post with links to the other important threads. Pantheon, Locations, LEW Officail Rules Variations, etc.

It would keep the sticky down to a minimum of two perhaps three threads.

As to the Trading Post thread going sticky, I would say see how it goes. It probably won't be a problem leaving it 'un-sticky'.

Editted I found the 'Newbie' Thread buried hereish, entitled '(General) Your Guide to Enworld'.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Nimisgod has approved three Gods. Following are the amended vote totals.

...here's what's approved, deity-wise, whether it has the requisite votes, or is just automagically posted in the Record thread of the Pantheon by Living Enworld Judge, or both:

Hyrag (posted, 1 vote)
Chennet' (posted, 6 votes)
Phyrah (posted, 6 votes)
Taka (posted, 5 votes)
Grendath (posted, 1 vote)
Verdante (posted, 1 vote)
Delanor (posted, 1 vote)
Antonidas the Drevin (posted, 1 vote)
Gliran (3 votes)
Mongrel (5 votes)

These deities are one vote short of approval:
Shural
Kazikazi
Geoth
Ayratha
Ieranth
Taurusk
Sela

These deities are two votes short of approval:
Ker
Janiosen
Cursed

These deities are three votes short of approval:
Kroggoth (already used in an adventure)
St. Feragon (")
Mortalists

I've moved Chennet' and Phyrah into the Pantheon Record thread (Creamsteak, can we make that one sticky, too?), and can do so with Gliran and Mongrel, our two most recently approved gods, if someone else doesn't get to it.

In the future, I'd like to ask the other judges to amend these vote totals themselves (feel free to quote my latest tally, and amend) when they give approvals, not to mention adding any that get the requisite three votes to the Pantheon Record as Living Enworld Judge. I won't always be around to do the work.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
evileeyore said:
So far you have the sticky threads (Record) Official Character Thread and Red Dragon Inn Trading-Post.

I would reccomend adding a Newbies thread and a Where is Everything thread.

The Newbie thread should cover the basics of a PbP FAQ along with whatever nuances are needed for LEW.

The Where is Everything could have one post with links to the other important threads. Pantheon, Locations, LEW Officail Rules Variations, etc.

It would keep the sticky down to a minimum of two perhaps three threads.

As to the Trading Post thread going sticky, I would say see how it goes. It probably won't be a problem leaving it 'un-sticky'.

Editted I found the 'Newbie' Thread buried hereish, entitled '(General) Your Guide to Enworld'.

I working on setting up a simple LEW website that should take care of a great deal of the sticky threads... FAQs, chracter creation guidelines, approved materials, etc... The only things that will be left out are those things that players should be able to edit:

Character Stats, Who's Where, and the game threads.

I think it would be nice to keep the character thread, the who's Where, the most recent Red Dragon Inn and General Discussion threads and maybe the Trading Post thread (though that one hasn't seen much traffic yet) sticky. Personally, I hate having to hunt for those.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Very cool on the website stuff. I'll get back to this thread in a bit, still dealing with registry issues (though I've now had the comp up for more than an hour, which means I probably can finish my latest paper.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
I updated my deity finally. Give me corrections on it when you have them.

I'll stick the Pantheon thread. If the website will also have the Pantheon stuff, I'll unstick it at that point. Until then, I'll leave it stuck.

Remove ads