Discussion of the LEW Panthon (and potential changes)

Bront

The man with the probe
Yup, saw both. I'll comment on Arrhim later, but I like Ahrianna, and added a few ideas that popped into my head.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Just in case El Jefe doesn't bite first, since he mentioned the idea before I did, I won't make this an official proposal, but here's the idea for the Corruption goddess:

Espranachtis, Goddess of Corruption
The Dark Lady, The Queen of Shadow, The Creeping Malignance, The Heart of Darkness

Enworldian Greater Deity
Symbol: A blackened heart radiating dark power, sometimes Espranachtis's clergy members will also use corrupted symbols of other deities
Home Plane: ???
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Portfolio: Corruption, Descent into Evil, Amphousa's Portfolio, Disnomia's Portfolio
Worshippers: Evil people and monsters, Traitors, Schemers, Villains, Those who seek power, Those whose hearts are full of Avarice or Lust,
Cleric Alignments: LE, NE, CE
Domains:
Favoured Weapon:

Aspects:

Amphousa, Goddess of Lust, Uncontrollable Urge for Power and Desire
Queen of Seduction, The Sigh in the Darkness, The Unfulfilled Desire

Symbol: Full red lips on a field of darkness
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Portfolio: Lust, Uncontrolled Desire, Attainment no matter the cost
Worshippers: Powermad Dreamers, Megalomaniacs, Desperate Lovers, Spurned Lovers, Undisciplined Spellcasters, and anyone who desires power without regard to consequences
Cleric Alignments: CN, CE, NE
Domains:
Favoured Weapon:

Disnomia, Goddess of Manipulation, Gradual Measured Assumption of Power and Desire
The Puppetmistress, The Patient Smile, The Schemer's Mistress

Symbol: A hand with strings extending outward, sometimes the hand is holding a chess pawn
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Portfolio: Manipulation, Underhanded Schemes, Corruption from Within, Meticulous Plans
Worshippers: Corrupt Politicians, Unscrupulous Merchants, those who manipulate others to their own gain, those who pursue power through secret schemes
Cleric Alignments: LN, LE, NE
Domains:
Favoured Weapons:

Bront

The man with the probe
Those aspects might work well with Urdiga as lesser aspects. perhaps Urdiga's children by an unknown or unmentioned god.

BigB

First Post
LE God

Bront said:
LE works for slavery and tyrany.

Bront, Did you get the email I sent about a LE god which basically would fill the slavery and tyranny role? I believe it would need work especially with domains and such and some background info. Just wanted your opinion before throwing out to everyone since I used one of your proposals in the background info.

Bront

The man with the probe
I sent you a responce. I can't check my e-mail now though, so you'll have to make the tweeks I suggested and then propose it.

However, if Rystil wants to propose those 2 daughters of Urdiga, I think I can work their father in with U's help.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Those aspects might work well with Urdiga as lesser aspects. perhaps Urdiga's children by an unknown or unmentioned god.
Nah, they aren't really related to Undead. They're all about Corruption and they are dual aspects of a dualistic goddess (the key is to catch the neutrals on both sides :]), but Espranachtis and Urdiga don't fit so well together--as El Jefe said, there's no room in the pantheon for both of them. I realised he was right, but ah well. My only concern is that a lot of the people Urdiga might want to corrupt aren't going to want to be associated with Undead at all, which is what makes dominion over all Temptation sort of a mismatch for Urdiga.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I sent you a responce. I can't check my e-mail now though, so you'll have to make the tweeks I suggested and then propose it.

However, if Rystil wants to propose those 2 daughters of Urdiga, I think I can work their father in with U's help.
They really don't work as daughters. They're aspects of the same powerful entity, but they would both be fairly silly as a stand-alone. I guess once I realised what was going on, I tried to create these to see if El Jefe was right and they wouldn't fit, but I determined that he was correct.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Nah, they aren't really related to Undead. They're all about Corruption and they are dual aspects of a dualistic goddess (the key is to catch the neutrals on both sides :]), but Espranachtis and Urdiga don't fit so well together--as El Jefe said, there's no room in the pantheon for both of them. I realised he was right, but ah well. My only concern is that a lot of the people Urdiga might want to corrupt aren't going to want to be associated with Undead at all, which is what makes dominion over all Temptation sort of a mismatch for Urdiga.
One of the approved Drow gods has domain over lust already too, but that doesn't fit too well either.

I don't know, I think that the daughters fit well, as alternate aspects of the temptation and coruption of their mother.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
One of the approved Drow gods has domain over lust already too, but that doesn't fit too well either.

I don't know, I think that the daughters fit well, as alternate aspects of the temptation and coruption of their mother.
Well nonhuman deities could of course bring duplications--Hanali Celanil is the elven goddess of beauty for instance ;)

By the way, you should check out Rayni's 'story of Mel' in the last SBLOCKed Secret Scion post, in case I screwed it up :\

As to the aspects, I really don't want to see them as daughters. They're aspects. Amphousa, for instance, is pretty vapid and pointless as a stand-alone, but as the aspect of a greater goddess for which she is a gateway, she becomes much more insidious.

Remove ads