• I'll be in my bunk (Yes)

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Serenity Curry

Votes: 11 21.2%

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... why not? Just do it. Art is hard and nothing is sacrosanct. More Firefly will probably be bad — because most things are — but maybe it’ll be good.

You have a good point. What do we have to loose? If it's good, we can have something to enjoy, and if it's not (even if that's likely) we can just turn it off. Disney and whoever works on it has far more at stake, but that's on them. Might as well go for it.

darjr

I crit!
Good luck.

I loved Firefly and HATE that it was cancelled for dumb and possibly terrible reasons.

I hope they create something wonderful.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Doing a sequel with the offspring of the previous characters is sufficiently different for it to work... except really, I don't think the Firefly universe is all that interesting.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The solicitation for "Firefly Brand New 'Verse" Comic reads:

Set 20 years after the events of Firefly, Serenity soars the 'Verse once again with a new captain – Emma, the daughter of Wash and Zo !

The old crew of Serenity has gone their own way and now Emma is working to prove herself to Zo , alongside a new crew of castaways and misfits just trying to stay afloat.

But when Serenity takes a job from a familiar face, they discover that their new, living, breathing cargo is far more than they bargained for…and might bring them into conflict with Alliance once again!

...Take that for whatever you will.

Zardnaar

Legend
The solicitation for "Firefly Brand New 'Verse" Comic reads:

Set 20 years after the events of Firefly, Serenity soars the 'Verse once again with a new captain – Emma, the daughter of Wash and Zo !

The old crew of Serenity has gone their own way and now Emma is working to prove herself to Zo , alongside a new crew of castaways and misfits just trying to stay afloat.

But when Serenity takes a job from a familiar face, they discover that their new, living, breathing cargo is far more than they bargained for…and might bring them into conflict with Alliance once again!

...Take that for whatever you will.

Something like that is better than a reboot.

Right cast and writers might work.

I didn't watch that serie. The option of a spiritual succesor is possible. The reboot could allow to add lot of new things, for example more characters with psionic powers, transgenic humanoids (not alien neccesary), ravagers as a mixture of necromorphs(Dead Space) + borgs (Star Treck), rival factions between the interstellar dominion (not only the classic evil megacorporations but also secret societis/deep state), androids and ginoids with organic "brains", digital inmortality and mind upload used to punish political prisoners who altered memories to think they are guilty for crimes they didn't commited, in penal colonies of forced works. Sects about alien civilitations creating failed utopies...

The true key is to do a right work, not only good stories and evolution of the characters, but also an interesting setting.

I didn't watch that serie. The option of a spiritual succesor is possible. The reboot could allow to add lot of new things, for example more characters with psionic powers, transgenic humanoids (not alien neccesary), ravagers as a mixture of necromorphs(Dead Space) + borgs (Star Treck), rival factions between the interstellar dominion (not only the classic evil megacorporations but also secret societis/deep state), androids and ginoids with organic "brains", digital inmortality and mind upload used to punish political prisoners who altered memories to think they are guilty for crimes they didn't commited, in penal colonies of forced works. Sects about alien civilitations creating failed utopies...

The true key is to do a right work, not only good stories and evolution of the characters, but also an interesting setting.
Ummm....did you see the movie? I'm guessing you meant reavers not ravagers, and the movie established how they came to be and Joss has confirmed the nonexistence of aliens in this particular universe, which is also set in a single star system. None of what you suggest sounds remotely like Firefly and sounds more like a mish-mash of different sci-fi shows.

Remove ads