• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disruptive Strike and other Immediate Actions

Bluewyrm

First Post
Can a player wait and see the final attack roll result before choosing to use Disruptive Strike (or other similar powers)?

Or would he have to declare it's use before the attack was rolled? The former makes more sense, but could make the power much more difficult to use "table-wise", as you would need to be quick to react to the DM.

Cadfan

First Post
The following is to the best of my knowledge:

It depends on the language. If an immediate reaction is triggered by "an attack," then it triggers when the attack is declared and before dice are rolled. If an immediate reaction is triggered by a "hit," then obviously dice have been rolled.

I have no idea if the player can see the dice, but I've been playing that the answer is Yes.

mlund

First Post
Disrupting Strike is an Immediate Interrupt, so it preempts the trigger condition - "Trigger: You or an ally is attacked by a creature." It happens before any part of the Attack happens - including rolling the dice.

- Marty Lund

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads