Divine Challenge/Divine Sanction

tyrlaan

Explorer
Apologies in advance for my laziness, since the answer to my question is likely out there somewhere in the vastness of internet space...

Is there any clarification if feats that work with divine challenge also work with divine sanction? Literal interpretation suggests no, but it definitely makes sense to me for it to instead be yes.

Alternatively, do folks houserule this to be a yes if it is a no?

Aulirophile

First Post
RAW, no.

I wouldn't houserule it, either. Divine Sanction has fewer restrictions then Divine Challenge, but has fewer boosters. Seems reasonable.

DracoSuave

First Post
Not to mention, Sanction works perfectly well when used by a hybrid, but Divine Challenge (hybrid) has less p-p-p-power.

So... they accomplish the same things, but do not do the same things.

Droogie128

First Post
Str paladins suffer more from feats like mighty challenge only working with DC and not DS... though the half-orc dragon article gives a feat that allows str to apply to both. The feat also stacks with mighty challenge!

tyrlaan

Explorer
Str paladins suffer more from feats like mighty challenge only working with DC and not DS... though the half-orc dragon article gives a feat that allows str to apply to both. The feat also stacks with mighty challenge!

Sure...if you're a half-orc. My player is a human paladin so no chance of getting that feat.

Also, divine challenge does radiant damage just like divine sanction...

It might also be worth pointing out that there really isn't charops going on in this game. The same paladin, for example, is taking the Mounted Combat feat at 1st level.

Remove ads