• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Power - what's the verdict?

Another vote in the positive here. While I would prefer a little more fluff in the x power books, the crunch is pretty solid. If you liked Martial and Arcane Power, you should be buying Divine Power too - definitely not a rush job.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Jhaelen

First Post
Really the only major problem I have with this book is the art. I think it is easily the worst selection of pieces in any 4e book so far. The paladin pieces in particular are unimpressive and uninspiring.
Well, art is mostly a matter of taste but one of the new artists (or is that a group of artists?) immediately caught my eye:

'Concept Art House LLC'.

Great pieces all of them! They're on pages 10, 22, 48, 73, 97, and 154. They're dark and dramatic pieces.

I also liked the ones by Layne Johnson (pages 7 and 30) and Matias Tapia (pages 39, 57, 105 and 146). The former has a very clean style, the latter almost reminds me of renaissance art.

The ones by Lucio Parrillo and Howard Lyon are of course immediately recognizable.

I'm a bit sad there's no art from Eva Widermann, Daarken, Michael Komarck, or Chippy. They're my current favorite D&D artists.

Note, that I am not a fan of William O'Connor's and Wayne Reynold's style.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I really enjoyed DP, its got a lot of solid crunch just like its earlier counterparts (I really liked what they did for the cleric, especially the "pacifist" version, as well as the Avatar epic destinies and domains), but I actually thought the best parts were the sidebars (rise of the Raven Queen, the Winter War, etc.) and the section on how the various gods relate to the four existing divine classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads