• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM/Players

Dalamar

Adventurer
Stuff flooding from every hole! Let's fix the holes:
I have a quick question: Starting money? What are we allowed to buy?
As I said in my original post, standard gold for 3rd level chars (2700gp). You can put upto 2000 of it to a single item. If you are part of the ship crew, you don't need to buy food or drinks. I would also suggest equipping lightly. "Man overboard!"
My character is written up on a pdf form. Can I send it to you that way, or do you wan me to do up a statblock?
You can send me your characters in any common format, including .pdf
If we do use FR, do we get all the extra starting crap?
No to equipment, you are considered to have used/sold/whatever it already, but you pick a region you have spent most of your life and can so take the regional feats from and also gain an extra language if the region gives one.
If I may I would like to keep at 6 players for now, we could always pick up more latter, is that ok with everyone?
If the group only wants six players I'm fine with it, less bookkeeping for me. :D

GWolf

First Post
Hmm, I don't own the FR books, but I am vaugely familair with the setting, I read the books and have a large map.

What Races can we play?

Dalamar

Adventurer
It seems that nobody has anything against FR, so the available races include:
*Humans
*Dwarves(subraces exist but can also be standard dwarf from PHB) Exception: Gray dwarves are more powerful than normal races are Equivalent Character Level (ECL) +2
*Elves (subraces, but the standard can be chosen) Exception: Drow aka Dark elves are more powerful than normal races and have ECL +2
*Gnomes (subrace Deep gnomes exists but is ECL +3 and so not allowed)
*Half-elves (like PHB except half-drow that has 60ft. darkvision instead of low-light)
*Half-orcs (as per PHB)
*Halflings (like with elves and dwarves, there are subraces but PHB one is also available)
*Aasimar (as in MM, +1 ECL)
*Tiefling (as in MM, +1 ECL)
*Genasi (people who have elementals among their ancestors and retain some abilities from them. Fire, air, earth and water genasi, all +1ECL)

That took time to write... If you want to play any of the non-PHB races or a subrace of the standard races, mail me and I'll mail you the relevant info.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I forgot to mention one thing: if you have material not listed in the list of books I put in my first post and want to use it, then mail me the info and I'll see if I will aprove it.

GWolf, I believe it was you who mailed me? For some reason I am unable to respond to your mail. If it was you my answer is yes.

Uvenelei

First Post
I know a little about the FR and I don't have the book, but I'm willing to play in them if everyone will forgive my occasional ignorance. 6 players also sounds fine.

Takota

First Post
Dalamar, would you happen to accept newbies? (I just started playing D&D a few months ago.) I'm not familiar with the FR setting, though.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Actually, Sir Oasis, the count didn't iclude Uvenelei who asked it, that makes it to six already. So if the others who have already 'signed in' don't want more than 6 players, then I won't be taking Takota and Valkys in.
So what do you say, do we take these two now? Or maybe later?

Remove ads