DM Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gellion

First Post
I have posted about problems with my DM beofre. Well, here is how it went. We are traveling in Minotaur filled lands. So, i use a rope trick, so we cannot be found while we sleep. Well, right before we were about to go in, my DM said that we say a Huge nine foot Human in the distance. We knew that it was more than likey one of the people from the group that was after use. So, we went in, hoping that he would not be there in the morning. Well, after we woke up, he was still standing there. However, we were not sure if it was him, and he was standing in the direction we needed to go to get to town.

So, we decided to risk it, well, it was him. He recognized that we were the ones who had killed his friend(his friend challenged us, we got luck and managed to beat him). Well, he told us we had fifteen minutes to preper to fight him. During those fifteen minutes my DM was raving to us about how cool all his items were. We knew this guy was much higher level than us, and there was no way we could run. Well, he has a bunch of magical items, including two that healed him for could heal him for 1 d12, if he rolled a percentile and got the right number. He would hit us for about 5d6 every time he hit, and we were also damaged every time we hit him. He also, in the middle of the battle mixed up an alchemy potion, and healed himself for 200 damage. At that point we ran away.

So, was my DM being fair? Or am i just complaining too much? Oh yeah, one problem is, he is also my older brother. He is a great guy outside of the game, but during the game unngggghhghghgh.

Oh, and the guy had a magic item that halved all magical damage. And we are all currently level nine.

Last edited:

Gellion

First Post
ArthurQ said:
Why was this guy just standing around all night.
I think your DM has Console Syndrome.

I dont know, my DM would probably just say he went to sleep there or something. I think he just wanted us to fight him. Even though we had no chance of winning.

Tewligan

First Post
Gellion said:
He also, in the middle of the battle mixed up an alchemy potion, and healed himself for 200 damage.
From the sound of things, I'll bet your DM let him do this as a free action without missing the chance to beat your party down, didn't he?

Your brother's on a DM power trip. I suggest you beat him with a sock full of quarters at night while he's asleep. Then take his stuff.

Gellion

First Post
Tewligan said:
From the sound of things, I'll bet your DM let him do this as a free action without missing the chance to beat your party down, didn't he?

Actually, our Monk got three attacks of oppurtunity(due to his combat reflexes feat), he did 24 points of damage, but then his(the Barbarians) items went off, and he was healed for 30 points of damage.

Your brother's on a DM power trip. I suggest you beat him with a sock full of quarters at night while he's asleep. Then take his stuff.

Yeah, but then he would not let me play FF11. My computer sucks and so i dont have it on mine. :(

Last edited:

Gellion

First Post
Oh, and he is also made this house rule called "Size does matter". Meaning that you could be an epic level character, but a creature that is large enough to step on you can kill you instantly. Even if it of a very low CR.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You're 9th lvl characters? Then it's all about the Fly spell. Hover over the guy's head, and pelt him with arrows and spells. Alternatively, try to grapple the minotaur (not easy), and then tie him up.

It might be irrelevant. When the DM isn't obeying the rules, it's hard to use actual tactics.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
PC, i think if they did that a witch would toss a potion and make the guy grow super tall.

Really, i'm sorry for being rude, but your DM is an idiot. Spill some fresh opened really cold pepsi on his face (it burns like acid, trust me) and find a new dm.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
ArthurQ said:
Really, i'm sorry for being rude, but your DM is an idiot.
I had all sorts of things to say about this situation, but really, Arthur summed it up so nicely.

Find a new DM. Heck, why not give it a try yourself? Just don't let your older brother play.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Tell ya friggin what! Gather up your players. Ill run a game on IRC for you Next saturday night. Starting Level 3rd. + 1 Level adjustment max for races (aka ECL 2).
Level 3 starting gold. Average HP for all levels past first.

All Forgotten realms 3e/3.5 rules and supplements open with the exception of spellfire.

Come to irc #ForgottenRealms on chat.psionics.net and i'll run a one shot game for you.

You can try this saturday but for once i'm working on a sat. So prolly next week.

Cheers!

Edit: oh here is a stat array for you 18 16 14 14 12 10
yes its a bit strong, but the primary bad guys havae the same stats.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads