• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Rewards: Hommlet and Ship Tiles (Soilers)

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
A quick question, is the 4e version of Hommlet a remake of the original, of which I own a copy, or did Wizards update/change its history/story? Thanks.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
A quick question, is the 4e version of Hommlet a remake of the original, of which I own a copy, or did Wizards update/change its history/story? Thanks.
Its an update and a change. For 4th level 4E characters. Most of the town itself is still the same. (The town temple is to Pelor rather than St. Cuthbert, the village Elder is a woman, etc.) The history is still the same.

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Thanks Ed. How are the maps? Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil provided mediocre maps of the town. Did they get an update in this version as well?

Last edited:

PoeticJustice

First Post
As one of the many, many people interested in the tiles who will not be receiving them for free, I'd like to congratulate Wotc on creating such a compelling incentive.

Also, anyone considering paying 50 dollars for a set of tiles is crazy if they don't at least consider DragonFire Armada's products before bidding that much money.

Frigate

darjr

I crit!
There are cheaper bids. If you look.

The village map is similar to the 6th printing of T1... the version of T1 I own. It isn't as big or as detailed.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Thanks Ed. How are the maps? Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil provided mediocre maps of the town. Did they get an update in this version as well?
I don't know what everyone else got, but the only big map in mine was two sided, the ground floor of the Inn of the Welcome Wench on one side and the ground floor of the Moathouse on the other. The town map was on one side of the inside cover of the adventure. Smaller than the original from T1 (which was the whole inside cover), but grayscale so it was easier to see what was what.

N0Man

First Post
I never had the chance to play RPGA games until a couple months ago. Once I did, I quickly tested to get Herald level, but was not able to generate enough interest among my friends to pull off home RPGA games. Actually, I just recently managed to get a game at all running, so I wasn't able to earn this nice prize.

However, I was in luck... the DM I often do home RPGA sessions with doesn't care much for dungeon tiles, and generously gave me his. :)

On a slight tangent, but still vaguely related topic, did anyone happen to catch the "Dungeon Tiles Master Set" news? Since that set is going to be a set that reprints elements from some previous sets, and is going to be one that stays in print constantly, there's always a chance we might see these or similar tiles again in the future.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
How does the town map compare to the town map from a few years ago in Dragon magazine (or was it Dungeon)?

Remove ads