DMG Treasure Tables; Plus What does WotC Looks like? And... GREYHAWK?

Dungeon Master's Guide Treasure Tables http://www.wizards.com/global/images/dnd_products_dndacc_dmg_pic3_en.jpgWotC's Greg Bilsland has shared some results from use of the DMG's random treasure tables! You receive seven malachite gems (50 gp each), a +1 shield, a wand of web, and bracers of archery. Twelve blue agates (50 gp ea.), Lantern of Revealing, Oil of Slipperiness, Potion of Hill...

[h=3]Dungeon Master's Guide Treasure Tables[/h]
WotC's Greg Bilsland has shared some results from use of the DMG's random treasure tables!
  • You receive seven malachite gems (50 gp each), a +1 shield, a wand of web, and bracers of archery.
  • Twelve blue agates (50 gp ea.), Lantern of Revealing, Oil of Slipperiness, Potion of Hill Giant Strength.
  • You receive disappointment. 12 gp, and 7 carnelians (50 gp each).
  • HAHAH. I rolled a 1. No treasure for you!
  • Your treasure hoard contains 7 lapis lazulis (50 gp ea), spell scroll (blur), potion of healing, potion of climbing, and 15 cp.
  • Fortunately, you found a secret door and discovered another hoard, containing a silk robe, a silver necklace, and a tapestry.
  • A beholder in its lair: You gain a headband of intellect, figurine of wondrous power (ebony fly), a cube of force, & a bunch of art (1750 gp total).
  • A pony: 18 copper pieces in its abandoned saddle bag.

[h=3]What does WotC look like?[/h]
Wondering what the inside of WotC's D&D division looks like? Chris Perkins provides a couple of photos! As we know, there are about 15 people who work on D&D at the moment, half on the game itself and the others on related things like branding and whatnot.

The D&D corner at WotC where all the magic happens!
BzjGpS2CUAEHcUs.jpg

Chris Perkin's cubicle. He says "...notice THE WORLD OF GREYHAWK gazetteer. Huh. Wonder what that's doing there!" [threadcm]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?368181-Greyhawk[/threadcm]
BzjHwG0IIAA5zdh.jpg

And here's WotC from the outside!
BzTHrMVCIAAl-XQ.jpg

Grainger

Explorer
"You receive disappointment. 12 gp, and 7 carnelians (50 gp each)."

Disappointment? That's a big haul for my campaign! (At least at low levels).

ephemeron

Explorer
I wonder how much the disappointment is worth. I'd bet the party rogue will be able to find a buyer. ;)

Oops! No, wait, that was a period rather than a comma after "disappointment." :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads