• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMG2 in September

On WotC's product page, the DMG2 is listed, no cover or blurg, however.
Interesting. I also note that the Dragon Magazine Annual 2009 comes out that month as well. I was under the impression that the Dungeon Magazine Annual would be coming out earlier, but I can't find it on the list. (Fine with me, though, since I'm more interested in the Dragon Annual anyway. :))

New products rock! What do you guys and gals think will be in DMG2? I'm betting on:

• Another town/city and surrounding area detailed. I've used Fallcrest a ton in my HPE-series game, and that series will be almost entirely released by September 2009. I'm hoping that WotC will start another levels 1-30 adventure series afterwards, and that the area detailed in DMG2 will be directly relevant to that series, (perhaps with a little bit of carry-over to the Nentir Vale from DMG).
  • A detailed Sample Campaign set in the PoL setting? Ideally, this would tie neatly into existing and future products. (Tie-ins/connections are important to me; they make the material more useful.)
  • Rules for creating new minions. (We haven't seen these yet, right? If we have, obviously I'm off it.)
  • Rules for creating new Rituals. There's been lots of call for these, and this is the best place for them.
  • New Artifacts.
  • Guidelines and advice for creating your own races, classes, powers, and power sources. (This doesn't specifically excite me, because I don't generally use homebrew crunch, but AFAIK this stuff is still absent from 4E, and a lot of folks liked the info in 3.5E.)
  • MORE TEMPLATES! Templates are cool.
  • Detailed advice on running "nonstandard" campaigns: Horror-themed, Mystery-themed, War-themed, and so on.
  • More traps and hazards!
  • General but in-depth advice and resources for campaigns set in extreme environments: Ice-age/Arctic/Tundra/Frostfell, Desert/Dune-sea/Wasteland/"Dark Sun-esque", and At-sea/Undersea/"Waterworld"/Ocean campaigns.
Actually, from that list, several of those things I expect to see in every DMG: Templates, traps & hazards, artifacts, and a new region detailed. Between the rest of the stuff I'm suggesting, I think there's enough to fill the next two or three DMGs with cool stuff!

Now I'm really excited about this! :D

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I'd like to see the comprehensive trap creation rules that got cut from DMG 1.

I'd also like to see an Unearthed Arcana like section of variant rules systems and house rules.

Also want lengthy section on rules for PCs ruling kingdoms, or guilds. Essentially resource management on a large scale.

Also rules for largescale warfare. The largescale warfare should be somewhat abstract maybe done up like some sort of massive multi-layered skill challenge where each success accumulates victory points which determine the flow of battle. I also liked the flowcharts and stuff from Heroes of Battle.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Hoping/Expecting:

• More Skill Challenges
  • Different methods of doing Skill Challenges
  • Underwater/water combat rules (I remember a Developer stating that along with more underwater/water based monsters in MM2 there would be more in-depth combat rules for underwater/water).
  • Guidelines for creating races, classes, traps, items, etc.
  • More traps and hazards
  • Alternative rules/guidelines for non-traditional settings. So building off the campaign world advice in DMG1
  • More templates
  • More artifacts
  • More sample environments, locations, npcs, etc.
And other stuff but those are initial thoughts.

Remove ads