• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM's: How many PC's do you kill per campaign?

How many PC's do you kill per campaign?

• Poll closed .

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Per *campaign*??? Dozens! If you count deaths that characters get revived from, make that 100 or more! Your poll does not have enough options, methinks. :)

Then again, my campaigns tend to run for 10+ years...even at one death per month (4 or 8 sessions, depends if I'm running a 1 or 2-track game) that's 120 deaths overall, and sometimes they die in bunches... :]

Per *adventure*, I'd say more like 1-5 on average; I have the stats for this but not handy.

Lanefan

maggot

First Post
In the 15th-17th level campaign I just quit running, every character died at least once. There were about twenty deaths resulting in about half a dozen retirements.

seans23

First Post
IMC, the players are around 11th level, and we've already had 11 deaths.

One character died 3 times, and now he's a vampire NPC.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
AoW

We just finished up the Age of Worms campaign and there were 16 permanent PC deaths. Probably another 8-10 that got raised/resurected.

KrazyHades

First Post
Emirikol said:
I discovered the saying, "A God all mercy is a God unjust." Stick the word DM in there instead ;)
jh

No. We're far worse, and far more powerful than God! We're more powerful than Ao. God's just a lowly major god. BWAHAHAHA

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*would like to know if God is lowly how he can be major then?* That doesn't make much sense.

*but does agree that He, Nightfall, is better than Ao any day of the week* And certainly Lolth too.

DeeEight

First Post
Well I've mostly confined my gaming to paranoia where you get to die six times per character and cyberpunk where its hard to come back from REALLY dead. Oh and deadearth where you can lose a half dozen characters JUST during character generation before the game even gets started. But all this talk of 4 to 8 sessions a month.... god... i miss that.... damn all the players getting lives and jobs and moving away to far off lands.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads