D&D 5E Dmsguild Planescape products already appearing: All new published 5e settings auto included

I was shocked when I stumbled upon this looking to see what kind of support Strixhaven was getting.

I had rescently looked at the allowed settings and at that time it only covered FR, RL, DL, Eberron, Theros, Ravnica, Strixhaven, and Radiant Citadel.

"Now this is what it says
However, for the time being, only Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, Ravnica, Theros, Arcavios (Strixhaven), Radiant Citadel, Spelljammer, and any new settings published for 5e."

The key here being any new published settings for 5e.

So because PS has been published on Beyond already, it's allowed, but argueibly that would also include Eldraine.

Maybe Greyhawk too, although Ghosts of Salt Marsh is not new.

Witchlight: Domains of Delight is of course also included in this.

To avoid confusion about older products like Saltmarsh or minor products like Monster Compendiums: Eldraine I wish they would quantify what counts as publishing a setting.

Because by RAW Eldraine is legal and given new is subjective Greyhawk could be too.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was shocked when I stumbled upon this looking to see what kind of support Strixhaven was getting.

I had rescently looked at the allowed settings and at that time it only covered FR, RL, DL, Eberron, Theros, Ravnica, Strixhaven, and Radiant Citadel.

"Now this is what it says
However, for the time being, only Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, Ravnica, Theros, Arcavios (Strixhaven), Radiant Citadel, Spelljammer, and any new settings published for 5e."

The key here being any new published settings for 5e.

So because PS has been published on Beyond already, it's allowed, but argueibly that would also include Eldraine.

Maybe Greyhawk too, although Ghosts of Salt Marsh is not new.

Witchlight: Domains of Delight is of course also included in this.

To avoid confusion about older products like Saltmarsh or minor products like Monster Compendiums: Eldraine I wish they would quantify what counts as publishing a setting.

Because by RAW Eldraine is legal and given new is subjective Greyhawk could be too.
I straight up expect something Greyhawk related next year, so it may be academic.

Jackandor and Ghostwalk should be unlocked, because there is little to be lost, and then the risk should be very low. Maybe thanks the DMGuild they could enjoy a second opportunity.

The doors of Eldraine aren't closed at all, but it needs time, and we don't know the future plans about the IP.

Witchlight is not only a module, but a "pilot episode" of a future setting. There is a open door. We shouldn't worry too much.

I guess Greyhawk, and the "Greyspace" will be rebooted to allow enough space for all the new future crunch, for example the possible return of the martial adepts.

I imagine "Council of Wyrms" as a cluster of demiplanes within the elemental limbo, with the name "Io's blood islands" and allowing space for all the dragon species from the previous editions. For example a domain would be ruled by the cobra dragons. Other domain would be by the spider dragons from Dragonlance sourcebook "Wild Elves".

dave2008

Legend
Yea. Planescape stuff on DMSGuild. Bold as brass.

I think what @Henadic Theologian is getting worked up about is this part on the Guild's website: "...and any new settings published for 5e."

I am not sure where they are getting that from because the Content and Format page on DMsGuild does not include that language.

1697623144218.png

and
1697623118767.png

Remove ads