D&D 4E DnD 4E DOA?

DnD 4E DOA?

• Don't want DnD 4E. Happy with my current edition.

Votes: 160 33.1%
  • Might be ready for 4E ... in 2010.

Votes: 184 38.0%
  • Would like to see 4E .... in 3 to 5 years

Votes: 89 18.4%
  • I think 4E is in the works. 1 to 2 years away.

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • I'm done with 3.5E. I want 4E now!

Votes: 27 5.6%

Steel_Wind

Legend
The poll responses have a disconnect in the potential answers, between what we want now, what we may want at some future date, and what we may think is in the works.

I'm quite happy now. I would be perhaps amenable to a 4E in 2010 - not sure of course as I'll have to see then.

But that's not the point. I very much fear that some higher up bozos at Hasbro will press for a 4e very soon and it will be the first version of D&D to outright flop as a viable brand.

4E in 2010 is one thing. If they try it in 2007, there is going to be a revolt among long time fans.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I'm not looking forward to 4E in any capacity. Not only am I completely happy with 3.5, but combine that with getting married, helping to pay for my fiance's grad classes, maybe going back to college myself, and possibly starting a family I'm just not interested in resetting with a new system. I've cut way back on my purchases anyway, so even if 4E came out in 2010, I'll likely still not be interested.

Kane

Badabing

Explorer
The group I play with are still using 3ed, everyone's happy with the version and we're all agreed that the costs aren't worth it. We'll probably switch when there's a proper upgrade though.

Ottergame

First Post
Man, these damn 4.0 rumor threads have been popping up since the 3.5 were annouced. Enough of them already. There are no plans for a 4th edition of the rulebooks, WOTC has said this many times. PLEASE stop creating these damnable threads!

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
I won't be interested in a new edition unless and until adequate solutions for the major d20/D&D problems are solved-- mainly, until an elegant solution for multiclass spellcasters is found, and perhaps some of the bizarre inconsistencies of D&D's abstract combat system are ironed out.

Even so, it'll be quite a few years before I could afford to upgrade to a new edition-- so I may have to plead poverty if those problems are solved soon.

Nisarg

Banned
Banned
Ottergame said:
Man, these damn 4.0 rumor threads have been popping up since the 3.5 were annouced. Enough of them already. There are no plans for a 4th edition of the rulebooks, WOTC has said this many times. PLEASE stop creating these damnable threads!

Hmm.. I wonder why that would be? It couldn't possibly be because the release of 3.5 left everyone totally cynical about how quickly the next edition would be released vs. whatever Wizards says about their plans.

I mean, there are still those of us who feel that 3.5 was nothing more than an effort to get fans to have to spend $90 all over again, and to make the combat system more miniatures-dependent; but even those who feel 3.5 was necessary couldn't help but feel expectant that the next edition will come out sooner rather than later, because of the velocity at which 3.5 came out after 3.0.

Nisarg

IronWolf

blank
I am quite happy with the 3.5 ruleset we are currently using now. I have no desire to see a massive rule rewrite and be forced to upgrade books just to avoid having to convert the many resources I have now. I would not want to see 4e anytime before 2010.

nopantsyet

First Post
Would I buy a 4E? Well yeah, probably. Am I looking for one...ever? Not at all. I'm very happy with 3.5E. There are some things I could houserule a bit differently--if I really cared that much. But the fact is, the rules don't make or break the game. Players do. So as long as I have a group of good players, I could care less what version/system we play. When 4E does finally come along--and I'm in the 5+ years off camp--I'm sure it will change enough to make the game feel a bit more fresh, incorporate some of the ideas and trends that have become popular over the years. I'm sure they'll do a decent job. And when my group decides they want to move to the new edition, we'll do it. I'm no edition hater!

Remove ads