D&D 5E DnD 5ed Auto-calculating Fillable Character Sheet based on Dragon's Lair Design

RaTath

First Post
Hello Madbeard! First off thanks for all your hard work in making this great character sheet. Are you going to be updating this with the new info in the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide? If so great and thanks.

I'd like to make a couple of requests. First off can you add another class field or 2 so that those that wish to multiclass for more then 2 classes can do so. Second can you add a drop down box to select the number of buy points instead of just having the default 27 that is in the PHB. Say up to 35ish?

Either way this is still a fabulous sheet to use and thank you again.

Ra

MadBeard

Explorer
Hi Ratath.
Thanks for your praise. I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

I going to update sheet but first I have to get my hands on SCAG and get some free time :)
Also I'm waiting for provider to enable my internet access. I recently moved to another city so now my only internet time is while I'm on job :)

Regarding your requests, unfortunately I can't add another field for third class. I'm limited by this design. I didn't created this design and I don't have source files.
But I can suggests that you custom insert two classes in second class field.
Example:
For Fighter 3/Wizard 2/Rogue 1, in first class field select Fighter enter level 3 in class level field for first class. In second class field enter Wiz 2/Rog 1 (don't use dropdown) and in class level field for second class enter 3 (notice that this is a sum from other two classes) so that sheet can correctly calculate total character level.
I'm sorry but better than this I can't do for now.

Point-buy method is not limited to 27! If you enter 15 for all ability scores, you'll notice that info field says: "You have spent 54 points!"
But ability score is limited to 15 max. I can remove limitation and set to, lets say 18 for ability score.
Hope that this resolve your problem with point buy :)

P.S. If you like this sheet I would ask you to rate it (that little green arrow). Thanks

RaTath

First Post
Sorry to hear that you don't have or own the source files. :( Raising the max ability score would help a lot. Humm guess I never noticed that about the point buy thanks. If you need a copy of the SCAG post your email to me and I'll share it with you on a google doc. Going to go look for that green arrow now.

Ra

MadBeard

Explorer
Hi guys.
I just updated character sheet to v1.16

Ver.1.16 (November, 13.2015.)
  • Added subraces and backgrounds from Sword Coast Adventurers Guide book
  • Updated Duergar entry according to Sword Coast Adventurers Guide book
  • Revamped AC calculation and fixed custom AC calculation
  • Added Mithral and Adamantine checkboxes with tooltips
  • Added magic armors, shields and protective items from DMG
  • Point buy Max stat now is 18
  • Added time stamp and number of rolls for ability generator
  • Added Show/Hide button for ability generator
  • Added Clear Ammo buttons
  • Added Save As button for easier use
  • Fixed Passive Investigation tooltip
  • Added and enhanced various tooltips (backgrounds, class, multiclass, armors, shields etc)

Also I changed info on main page, please check it out.

P.S. I'm experiencing some tech problems with EnWorld and can't format text how it should be on the main page. In editor is working/looking ok, but when I save and check on main page, it's not looking like it should be.

tiphus

First Post
Great work on this. I know the time is appreciated by all especially me. After downloading the most recent files, I can't get 1.16 to show any of the new races except for the dwarf subrace and the gnome subrace. Maybe this is intended?

If it is not intended any recommendations of what I can try? Since I am not seeing others experiencing the same problem, it must be on my end. I have tried both acrobat reader, and the full version of acrobat on two separate clean downloads.

Any Thoughts?

Thank you for your time,

Tiphus

Last edited:

MadBeard

Explorer
Hi Tiphus,

I'm not sure what you mean. There are no other subraces except for Duergar and Deep gnome in Sword Coast Adventurer Guide book that wasn't already in PHB (and in sheet) and I implemented these other races in sheet a long time ago.
Subraces in Forgotten Realms just have different names. Like High elves = Sun Elves, Hill Dwarves = Gold Dwarves etc.

Can you explain a little better what you're experiencing with sheet?

Last edited:

tiphus

First Post
Sorry went off on a trip for the xmas break.

Items I am looking for in the races section would include:
Ghostwise Halflings (Green box page 110)
Half-elf Variants (Pg 116 green box)
Tiefling Variants (Pg 118 green box)

Judging by your response though and all of these being "Variant" rules, you opted to not include them(100% fine and understandable after starting the process to add them myself this is super time consuming and I thank you even more for the hard work you have done.) If somewhere down the line these rules also find their way into the sheet fantastic but until then we will just continue to manually type in the blanks.

MadBeard

Explorer
Happy new year to all !!!

Hi Tiphus,
Ahh this is what you meant. Yep you're right. I ignored this three green boxes for being way too "variant" rules, but maybe I'll add them eventually. I didn't want to clutter sheet with these variants at this moment.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases