dndclassics.com - not so good so far on boxed sets

JEB

Legend
So, they've released four boxed sets so far on dndclassics.com. How have those been so far, you may ask?

1. D&D Basic Set (BECMI): They split it into two purchases, one for each booklet.

2. Dungeon Master's Kit (4E): They only included the booklets, and left out the maps and counters and such. Fortunately, they warned us this was the case, but it's still an odd choice.

3. Birthright Campaign Setting (2E): Complete, except for the combat cards, which are apparently fairly important. This time, they didn't warn anyone - people had to find out the hard way. Mind, based on reviews, the pre-takedown scan of Birthright did include those cards; it's only the fresh scan that left them out.

4. Planes of Chaos (2E): Apparently complete... except they mixed up one of the maps (the Abyss) for an unrelated Mystara map.

Clearly, Wizards (or whoever they're hiring to do the scanning) is having some major trouble with anything that isn't a regular book or booklet... but really, how hard could it be? (Especially since they did it before...)

darjr

I crit!
It's a new crew probably. Probably also a completely new method. I wonder if they outsourced it?

Mostly though I REALLY like the quality of the new scans vs the old.

I do wish they'd put up OD&D and/or Chainmail plus the first greyhawk gazzeteer and/or box set.

3. Birthright Campaign Setting (2E): Complete, except for the combat cards, which are apparently fairly important. This time, they didn't warn anyone - people had to find out the hard way. Mind, based on reviews, the pre-takedown scan of Birthright did include those cards; it's only the fresh scan that left them out.

Just a quick FYI that I did request and get a scan of the cards for this. They were uploaded to the site over the weekend and anyone who purchased the PDF should be able to download the newly added file from their Library on the site(s). Just hit the "Account" tab on the upper right of the site.

Regards,

Matt

dd.stevenson

Super KY
Just a quick FYI that I did request and get a scan of the cards for this. They were uploaded to the site over the weekend and anyone who purchased the PDF should be able to download the newly added file from their Library on the site(s). Just hit the "Account" tab on the upper right of the site.

Regards,

Matt
Wonderful. Thanks!

Remove ads