D&D 5E Do Beholders need sleep?

PnPgamer

Explorer
Well they did end watching transformers after 15 minutes, and it was the comparably worse than dnd movie, so don't generalise what my friends think... Although anything is better than transformers. I myself haven't seen the first D&D movie, I've seen the 2nd and the 3rd. I liked them.
I have to say that they contained stuff that only D&D fans know about. To an average joe, they don't open up that much.

ie. in book of vile darkness, the main character purchased a bag of holding, a ring of the ram and some other stuff. Those magical items were never explained what they were, but I am pretty sure that nearly everyone here knows.

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
The frustrating thing about dungeons and dragons the movie is that it had all the components to be a fanatastic classic genre film but still badly screwed up. I blame the director. I can't even blame Wayans because they shouldn't have hired him in the first place. And it had Tom Baker!

egress

First Post
I just recently got back into the game while deployed. I have succesfully ran the Lost mine of Phandelver, and am currently running my own adventure. In the current adventure, deep within a dungeon i have a frail wizard who is held up in a room of illusion. One wall cuts the room in half to conceal his "living quarters" but there is Beholder "sleeping" above a rune on the floor, gaurded by two stone creatures (which hold artifacts of the wizards making). The beholder isnt real and will not attack the party, but all but its main eye is awake and scanning the room for intruders. I tossed this creature into the mix because i have a "d&d-know-it-all" in the party. He is afraid of the group being completly destroyed at such a low level.

Short entry... I have no clue if beholders really need sleep. My thoughts are that magical creatures do not need 'sleep" as a living creature requires it, but in the case of our adventure, this lil guy is very tired. Perhaps a reflection of the wizards tiring mind and waining powers.

Remove ads