• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do created beings have nipples and navels?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Nifft said:
Surely it depends on the Craft (Boobies) check?

Even if I am just a human, I'd learn that just for the synergy bonus to Appraise (boobies), as I've already got quite a few ranks in that. ;)

Dragonbait

Explorer
trancejeremy said:
They have navels because the creator pokes them in the stomach like the pillsbury dough boy to see if they are finished.

And skum, being a created race by the Aboleth, make the best Hmm-hmm giggles.

Nothin' says lovin' like alchemical genetic materials in the arcane infused vat.

Sejs

First Post
The Edge said:
Heres another question for this enjoyable mess of a thread. How in the hells do mermaids give birth? I roughly know how most fish reproduce, kinda swiming along side each other and leting it all float out. Or so I heard. But what about birth or ...er...egging ?

(wtf. egging? :\ )

Right.. instantly flashing back to Futurama.

"Why couldn't she be the other kind of mermaid, with the fish part on the top and the lady part on the bottom?"

:p

Goblinoid Games

First Post
The Edge said:
Heres another question for this enjoyable mess of a thread. How in the hells do mermaids give birth? I roughly know how most fish reproduce, kinda swiming along side each other and leting it all float out. Or so I heard. But what about birth or ...er...egging ?

Well, some fish have live birth, so maybe mermaids do also? Complete with a yellow yolk sack still attached to their bellies that they feed on before they start nursing. Assuming that those boobies are there for normal mammalian reasons and not just there to give sailors wood.

Gez

First Post
The Edge said:

You mean either laying or hatching, I suppose. Though maybe even fish throw rotten eggs at bad musicians, so egging may be appropriate too.

As for mermaids, medieval illustrations depicted them with two tails, so it was just the legs that were replaced by fishlike stuff. The pelvic region was still human.

Another solution is shapechanging, like the Selkies.

D.Shaffer

First Post
I always just figured merfolk were mammals and the scales were cosmetic. It'd explain the large mammary glands the females carry around with them. :D (And thank goodness for mammary glands)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads