Critical Role Do you Critical Role?

Do you Critical Role?

• Um...what's 'Critical Role'? Is it some kind of podcast or something?

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • I've never watched a single episode.

Votes: 51 22.9%
  • Not really. It's just not my cup of tea.

Votes: 62 27.8%
  • Eh, I'll watch it every now and then, when I'm bored or whatever.

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Every now and then, when I can find the time.

Votes: 29 13.0%
  • I'm a regular viewer. Is it Thursday yet?

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Yep. And Talks Machina, and Between the Sheets, and Handbooker Helper, and...

Votes: 21 9.4%

• Poll closed .

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
There's a part of me that wants to watch it because I've heard great things about it., but there's a larger part that is fairly disinterested in it. The fact that each episode is, apparently, several hours long is also a difficult pill to swallow.

Phazonfish

B-Rank Agent
I love the show and catch it live every week. It probably helps that I was a big fan of Travis, Laura, Liam, and Ashley before starting the show; my friends who play are also spread pretty far apart and can rarely meet for a game, so this is also basically my only way of enjoying D&D nowadays.

In other news, I really like this thread. It restores my faith in humanity to see so many people able to express a distaste or indifference so respectfully.

TheBaronCB

Villager
I’ve returned to D&D after a 25-year hiatus. The amount of digital support is amazing, whether it be Roll20, Fantasy Grounds or DNDBeyond. Critical Role is another part of that and I’m enjoying watching it very much.

briggart

Adventurer
I used to watch it regularly until the end of the Briarwoods arc, then gradually lost interest and stopped completely watching it towards the end of the chroma conclave. So option 3 would probably be my answer now, but a couple of years ago I would have said 6.

I watched some episodes from the first season, but the episodes are very long, and it quickly felt like they were trying too hard. It felt a bit too staged. I think I'd rather watch real players play a D&D session and seeing genuine emotions.

However, I appreciate how the show has opened up the game to more people.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I watched some episodes from the first season, but the episodes are very long, and it quickly felt like they were trying too hard. It felt a bit too staged. I think I'd rather watch real players play a D&D session and seeing genuine emotions.

However, I appreciate how the show has opened up the game to more people.

“real players”?! that sounds a bit gatekeepery for you? What’s not real about how they play? And i’ve plenty of genuine emotion in the game. You surprise me!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
i think it’s more the sense that people that like Critical Role are not appreciating the real D&D experience.
If this pleasant and peaceful thread decomposes into a putrid "debate" about what is and is not a "real D&D experience" I swear I will Hex you all. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
i think it’s more the sense that people that like Critical Role are not appreciating the real D&D experience.

I’ve played a lot of D&D games with a lot of different groups. They were all different. I have no idea what the real D&D experience is supposed to be.

Remove ads