Critical Role Do you Critical Role?

Do you Critical Role?

• Um...what's 'Critical Role'? Is it some kind of podcast or something?

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • I've never watched a single episode.

Votes: 51 22.9%
  • Not really. It's just not my cup of tea.

Votes: 62 27.8%
  • Eh, I'll watch it every now and then, when I'm bored or whatever.

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Every now and then, when I can find the time.

Votes: 29 13.0%
  • I'm a regular viewer. Is it Thursday yet?

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Yep. And Talks Machina, and Between the Sheets, and Handbooker Helper, and...

Votes: 21 9.4%

• Poll closed .

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
So while I have not watched a single episode, I do want to start some day. I just haven't had the spare time to start watching that with everything else going on in my life currently.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
So while I have not watched a single episode, I do want to start some day. I just haven't had the spare time to start watching that with everything else going on in my life currently.
I feel ya. I want to re-watch the Briarwoods arc, but it's such a huge time commitment. Hundreds of hours. WHO HAS HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF FREE TIME in this economy? :)

JeffB

Legend
What do you mean by "staged"? Do you believe the show to be pre-scripted?

No idea. But that's not what I meant.

It is a stage performance for an audience, done by people who make their living acting (or so I'm understanding). It is completely different than 99% of the D&D games out there being played.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
No idea. But that's not what I meant.

It is a stage performance for an audience, done by people who make their living acting (or so I'm understanding). It is completely different than 99% of the D&D games out there being played.

While they occasionally have a session in front of a live audience, as do other streaming shows (such as Acq. Inc.) the vast majority are simply streamed. I think you’re assuming more artifice than there is, they’re simply very good at improve and voices and are very good friends who having been playing together for a long time.

I get the impression that many people assume this group formed to cash in on the popularity of D&D, which it did not.

But, sure, it’s not your thing and that’s cool.

Remove ads