• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you DDI?

Do you subsribe to DDI?

• I have an annual subscription

Votes: 155 53.8%
  • I periodically subscribe on a monthly basis

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • I used to, but have stopped

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • No and never DDI

Votes: 36 12.5%
  • Another poll choice

Votes: 15 5.2%

• Poll closed .

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've also subscribed annually from the beginning. I'm not too pleased about the latest developments and I'm in wait & see mode...

Just changed my subscription to yearly... but i am also not amused about 20 character limit... and about failing website... 2 things that make me unhappy at the moment...

I will however buy some books soon. (Monster Vault, MM3 at least... Monster handbooks are quite handy)

So they are making even more than $3,000,000 a year from the DDI and they still can't afford enough programmers to make one new tool a year and keep up to date with the updates? :rant:

That figure is just an estimation, and if I'm not mistaken it's estimated revenue, not profits.

And to add to ardoughter's comment, IMO we're still dealing with the repercussions from the Gleemax disaster in this case. Budget cuts, a small staff, management being wary (or even overcautious), bad PR, etc.

Yes, it sucks that WotC's progress on delivering digital tools is so slow, but there are reasons for that. :(

erleni

First Post
Been a yearly subscriber from the beginning. Not so happy at the moment, but mainly because I don't like the essentials line and that's the focus at the moment.

renau1g

First Post
Believe me, I know. But why sub if I am not going to use it?

All the rule books I allow in my games, I own, and all the DDI Dragon stuff and other splatbooks I don't own I don't allow.

I admit, it would probably make finding feats or powers easier, but it is still a few steps to do so, starting with waiting for he program to turn on.

As a DM only probably not too valuable then. The monster builder isn't a bad tool for a DM. Nice to have so many monsters at my fingertips when planning a session/adventure. Might be worth the $10-15 for that alone?

Festivus

First Post
I have an annual subscription which expires mid January. I am on the fence about resubbing, and really need to see the new tools due out in December to decide if I am going to continue or not. I mainly subscribed for the character builder, and if that's being moved online, I might just stick with the offline one, particularly since I don't play a dark sun or essentials character.

The other content is somewhat useful, but I have the books. The magazines have gone down the crapper as far as I am concerned. I used to read them, but now I find the topics uninteresting.

So the new suite of tools needs to be impressive to keep me as a subscriber, or they need to bring back the offline character builder.

the Jester

Legend
Yes, at the moment- although if the new online tools suck, I'll strongly consider dropping it.

I want a Monster Builder that works, dammit!! Preferably on my desktop- my ISP is crappy enough that my Internet access is intermittent (I've been up about half the last month, grr!).

Falstaff

First Post
Nope, never have and never will. I'm only running/playing D&D until all the new Advanced Hackmaster books are out anyway.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
As a DM only probably not too valuable then. The monster builder isn't a bad tool for a DM. Nice to have so many monsters at my fingertips when planning a session/adventure. Might be worth the $10-15 for that alone?

Would the announcement of a new tool make the subscription potentially worthwhile??

Remove ads