• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you DDI?

Do you subsribe to DDI?

• I have an annual subscription

Votes: 155 53.8%
  • I periodically subscribe on a monthly basis

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • I used to, but have stopped

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • No and never DDI

Votes: 36 12.5%
  • Another poll choice

Votes: 15 5.2%

• Poll closed .

Festivus

First Post
I don't play 4E regularly, so DDI doesn't have any value for me. But if I did, I'd probably subscribe.

You do know that if the poll isn't set to be public you can cheat it?

Peoples comments on the thread itself are the ones that matter. The numbers as they are are meaningless.

Not to mention my particular situation wasn't listed, so I chose that I am a subscriber. Technically, I am a subscriber, but I am not renewing when my subscription expires. So if the survey was done in Feb of next year, I would have a different answer.

Perhaps the poll should have included "Current subscriber, not renewing"

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
You do know that if the poll isn't set to be public you can cheat it?

Oh, I know that. And if this was more controvesial, I would have done a public poll.

As this is in the 4E forum, I am guessing that with some kind of large margin of error that this is basically the proportion of active Enworlders who also play 4E at least some of the time who subscribe.

That last sentance is in and of itself a fairly massive caveat.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm month-to-month. I'm a sucka for flexibility, and it makes the budgeting easier.

The new announcement hasn't totally boned me yet. I'm okay renting the rules. If I decide not to play 4e, I can not pay for the next month, and then I won't have any need for the rules anyway. If I want nostalgia for 4e (and I don't think that'll be in the mix), I can look at the few books I buy.

Bagpuss

Legend
Me personally I am thrilled at the new CB and it going online.

For those of you that are thrilled by the new CB, can you tell me why?

I'll admit the online bit is appealing in some cases but is there anything else?

As far as I can see it has considerably less features than the last builder, other than being online, no additional ones.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
For those of you that are thrilled by the new CB, can you tell me why?

I'll admit the online bit is appealing in some cases but is there anything else?

As far as I can see it has considerably less features than the last builder, other than being online, no additional ones.
  1. I can use it without having to boot into Windows.
  2. It has themes and wild talents.
  3. It has the Essentials builds.
  4. It has an improved character sheet layout.

I'm also hoping that it'll let you use your own image for your PC. I have a hard drive full of Larry Elmore pictures I bought in the days of 3e. I also have every "PC Portrait" Wizard's put out.

"Considerably less" seems like an exaggeration. It's definitely missing two important features: offline use and export. Both are very important, but until the actual program comes out, I would hesitate say it has considerably less features.

I think that's part of why I'm excited. I'm hoping that it's an improvement in other ways.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I'm surprised by the results of this poll. Better than 50% annual subscribers? Much higher than I expected. And, only 8% doing the occassional one-month pass?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I can use it without having to boot into Windows.
It has themes and wild talents.
It has the Essentials builds.
It has an improved character sheet layout

So it sounds like you're mostly excited that the CB is being updated, and not so much for the actual changes.

They could do points 2-4 without changing it to an online model. Point 1 is harder...

I'm also hoping that it'll let you use your own image for your PC. I have a hard drive full of Larry Elmore pictures I bought in the days of 3e. I also have every "PC Portrait" Wizard's put out.

The current CB allows that, though it's not really calibrated well.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
So it sounds like you're mostly excited that the CB is being updated, and not so much for the actual changes.
I am excited about the updates. Frankly, we don't know what many of the actual changes are. Personally, I'm hoping the user interface has a face lift.

They could do points 2-4 without changing it to an online model. Point 1 is harder...
They could have used Java. It's not like Java programs have to look like crap.

The current CB allows that, though it's not really calibrated well.
Quite true. It's a feature I'm really hoping they maintain. Ugh the Barbarian wouldn't look the same without Elmore.

Attachments

• 131.jpg
    131.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 39

Remove ads