D&D 5E Do you embrace the silly?

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Not sure if this qualifies as "embracing the silly", but everyone at the table had a good laugh about it.

In the secondary campaign my group is playing, the stand-in for the mafia is controlled by Forest Gnomes who all speak in high-pitched Italian accents, combined with a horrible lisp.
For added humor, every line they spoke was a quote from either the Godfather or an old Kung-Fu movie.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I do humorous character themes or slightly funny names all the time. (I have a swashbuckler named Raymond Pierre Dubois, or "Ray Pierre" to his friends).

I'm planning out an encounter in an upcoming game where a section of the caves and tunnels are laid out like the Pac Man maze, with glowing fungal orbs every 5 feet, four ghosts and a yellow zombie beholder with no eyestalks that rolls through the tunnels eating the fungal orbs. (It has an Engulf attack, and deposits everything it swallows in a specific cavern for the entity that set up the fungus farm.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A follow up with a standard dungeon filled with crossbow-wielding Warforged and a living Beholder might be cool, too.

10otto.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads