Do you find it hard to find games?

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Coming from this thread, I was wondering how many players or GMs still find it hard to get a group together. Note that I specifically include online for the aspect of playing or running adventures and campaigns that interest you. If you only want to play with a set group of friends, the question is probably not as relevant to you.

Me, I find a lot more games, especially one shots, much easier now than a few years ago because there are places to meet up online and stuff to try out. It is actually hard to decide between games, both what to play and what to run. n

Crothian

First Post
It is pretty easy to find games. I do have a weekly group but I also know a dozen or so other gamers in the area that I could call to try to form a group with. Then there are dozens more gamers in the area that I don't know but I see posting here and on other sites. Time is more of an issue then finding people to game.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup. Just the one slowly depleting group over a space of 15 years, and there haven't been new additions to that in 4 years or so (and we rarely have everyone present, with busy lives and jobs and stuff).

I find it very difficult to find people who want to game consistently and who take the roleplaying aspect seriously enough to make the games fun.

I find it particularly hard to find people who are interested in playing things other than D&D and Pathfinder. I would love to put together a group that is interested in exploring some of the great indie games out there, but haven't had any luck.

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
I find it hard to find people who want to play anything other than D&Pathfinder, GURPS, or World of Darkness. Usually. Nothing wrong with any of those games, they're just not always what I'm looking for.

Then I mention the right game in an some setting, and find out someone is a big fan, who has some rather minor problem with the system in question. Recently it was World Tree and the other fan mentioned having trouble with the rules, I told him that I could do the basics from memory and have Fire Flower (a cantrip attack spell) burned into my brain (because it's used as THE example spell, so it's repeated a lot).

I also have low tolerance for people who ask questions to which the obvious answer is "because that is not the game the GM has offered to run".

saskganesh

First Post
Not at all. I live in a large city. Thousands of gamers. I have dropped and declined games. ATM, I'm just enjoying running my steady group, which always includes new gamers.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I admit to having to work to find a game of known-quantity, friendly and decent gamers. I know plenty of gamers in my area, but the vast majority of them have full dance cards, and are not themselves looking for a game. Of those looking for a game, even fewer of them (like, none) are looking to *start* a game I can play in.

I already have a game I run two nights a month. If I wanted to run a second game, I might be able to pull one together. But getting into a game where I can play? That's a lot harder.

It is kind of pertinent at the moment, as the only game I was regularly playing in crumbled yesterday, and I am not at all convinced I want it to rise from the ashes.

Could anyone point out some sites for finding gaming groups? The group I play in isn't playing nearly often enough for me, and I'm in a decision stage as to what I intend to do about it. I'm trying to decide between just trying find a few more friends to recruit, or joining an additional group that is already active. (I considered, but decided against, starting my own group.)

Could anyone point out some sites for finding gaming groups? The group I play in isn't playing nearly often enough for me, and I'm in a decision stage as to what I intend to do about it. I'm trying to decide between just trying find a few more friends to recruit, or joining an additional group that is already active. (I considered, but decided against, starting my own group.)

You can start here. There is a "Find a Game" link on the menu bar at the top of this page which will take you to the gamers seeking gamers area.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases