Do you mark your books?

Do you mark your gaming books?

• Yes.

Votes: 147 55.7%
  • No.

Votes: 109 41.3%
  • I just want to see the results.

Votes: 8 3.0%

Yep. Got too many people in my gaming group not to.

I use the nifty little "Mouseferatu" rubber stamp my wife got me for a birthday gift. Looks just my icon, over there to the left. :)

IronWolf

blank
I put my name in them when I believe I will be in a "hostile" environment. Mainly game days, conventions, etc. So some, but not all of my books are labeled. When I label them I mark them inside the front cover and on a certain page number inside the book itself.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I don't permanently mark or damage any of my gaming books. I do however make homemade plastic cover protectors for all of them so mine are easy to tell apart. I don't game anywhere that would be considered a high risk environment for theft, so I'm only concerned about telling my books apart from the others at the table.

Panthanas

Explorer
I put my name in the upper left-hand corner of the inside front cover. Its pretty small, and I only do this because other people in my group have the same books and this makes it much easier to figure out whos book is whos.

Hooray for making things easier!

MonsterMash

First Post
I tend not to write in books (either gaming or text) too much, but will scribe my name inside the front as both gaming and work reference books get lent out and its easier for people to remember to return them if the names in there.

kmdietri

Explorer
Generally I own all of the books, but for books where some one else owns a copy, such as the phb. I mark in pen which ones are mine.

I put my initials inside the cover. Since I DM 90% of the time, my books get loaned out a lot. I've never sold a gaming book so it's not an issue to me, I just want my books to migrate back to me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I mark my books, but not for "anti-theft". It's anti-mixup. Books float around the table a bit during a session,and marking ensures that right books get back to the right people at the end of the night.

Remove ads