• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you own a set of "crystal" dice?

Do you own a set of crystal dice? Check all applicable......

• What the heck are you talking about?

Votes: 46 14.3%
  • Yes!

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Yes, but I never use them 'cuz they suck!

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Yes, I actually own MORE THAN ONE set! THEY RULE!

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • No!

Votes: 94 29.3%
  • No, and I don't want to! THEY SUCK!

Votes: 47 14.6%
  • No, but I'd like to!

Votes: 36 11.2%
  • Not a whole set, but I do have individual crystal dice.

Votes: 61 19.0%
  • Geez, those 'crystal' d20s really blow, huh?

Votes: 45 14.0%

Tuzenbach

First Post
Follow this link if you don't know what I'm talking about.....

http://www.crystalcaste.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CC&Category_Code=CD

Well, do you or don't you own a set of these dice? Why or why not?

I actually own 6 each of the d4s and d6s, but not an entire set. I'm not sure why I got the d6's, as they're dinky little things, but the d4s are real cool. However, I never intended to purchase the d20s as the style of putting one number below another number on a singular facet really didn't wow me. In fact, I thought it was pedantic and insulting to my sense of artistic appreciation!

francisca

I got dice older than you.
We hates them, my precious.

I do like my battlemat I bought from them though, their other traditional polyhedral dice, and am looking at picking up some of the plastic minis from them.

Mordane76

First Post
I don't have a set of the Crystal dice, but I do have a set of obsidian dice from Crystal Caste. They're small... but they're pretty cool.

I have only one of the angular type dice, a d6... and I hate that thing.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I got a purple crystal d6 a while ago bundled with a Dragon magazine, or possible Dungeon. In any event, after using it for one session, it became a favored cat toy. I don't miss it.

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I don't but every Gencon I look at them and drool but never buy them...I really don't know why I have not, guess I just like the old dices. ;)

Jaws

First Post
I have the free 6-sided one that came with Dungeon (or was it Dragon) magazine.

I banned them from my game. They suck.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Turanil

First Post
Buttercup said:
I got one free from somewhere. I tried it at a game session and it sucked so bad I tossed it in the trash.
LOL! :D

I have two in my treasure chest (a nice big transparent box filled with all manner of dice that never see the light and aren't used. I have another bag with the dice I use).

Remove ads