• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Do you plan to adopt D&D5.5One2024Redux?

Plan to adopt the new core rules?

• Yep

Votes: 258 53.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 224 46.5%

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I really dislike that definition, because it includes the PCs. If everything is a monster, then nothing is really a monster. It's pretty useless as a definition.
Oh absolutely, it's hilarious, but very very silly. It's like they wanted to say "monsters are people too, you know?".

I mean, this is the same edition that doubled down on non-evil Drow and then gave us non-evil Orcs (but 4e was the edition that was trying to be WoW, I thought?).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Micah, I'm not going to preface every post I make with "this is my opinion." Please stop asking me to add in the words "this is my opinion" to every statement I make.
We get into way, WAY too many arguments here on ENWorld over whether or not one or the other of a writer or a responder understands that any given statement is an opinion or a universal statement.

I think we'd all be a lot happier if we were able to respect each other enough to assume that everyone knows that the thing that they just wrote is their own opinion, without having to spell it out in minute detail.

(Of course, now I worry that my above statement will come across as "condescending", "lecture-y", or "wagging (my) finger" - when I just mean it as, "I'm going to try to do this thing - join me if you like!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm not. I'm asking why you think the new WotC 5e books have the best class design.
Is that what "5.2" is? Man, there's so many opinions at this point on what to call the new books that I don't even know what people are talking about anymore. I refused to comment on a thread here that called it "5.75" because I knew that the term was going to irk me too much for me to want to get involved. At this point I don't really care what people call it, but they could at least pick something that helps me to know what exactly they're talking about!

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Is that what "5.2" is? Man, there's so many opinions at this point on what to call the new books that I don't even know what people are talking about anymore. I refused to comment on a thread here that called it "5.75" because I knew that the term was going to irk me too much for me to want to get involved. At this point I don't really care what people call it, but they could at least pick something that helps me to know what exactly they're talking about!
WotC is using "5.2" to differentiate the 2014 SRD from the forthcoming 2024 SRD. I can get behind that. The issue I had was that they apparently refused to call it anything different at all, like they were both the same when they're not.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
WotC is using "5.2" to differentiate the 2014 SRD from the forthcoming 2024 SRD. I can get behind that. The issue I had was that they apparently refused to call it anything different at all, like they were both the same when they're not.
Ah yes, the SRD. That makes sense, actually. It's just new enough for me to not be used to it yet. But I acknowledge that it's a fair choice.

Oofta

Legend

Best short version I've seen is 5.24.

Remove ads