• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Do you plan to adopt D&D5.5One2024Redux?

Plan to adopt the new core rules?

• Yep

Votes: 260 53.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 227 46.6%

Yea, sure. Cuz eventually I'm going to want to run or play something they put out or will want to acquire a new digital tool or something. Besides, I don't consider myself an edition evangelist so I'm happy to use whatever is easiest. And no doubt sometime over the rest of my life that will be the 2024 ruleset.

ezo

I cast invisibility
I'm going with nope.

With each new edition: you have early adopters, late adopters, and some who never adopt at all.

I know given the direction WotC is taking D&D in general, 5E will be my last "new" edition. Someday I might return to AD&D or even Basic, or if I can't find people to continue playing with will just mean I'll stop playing.

No as in "not specifically nor immediately" - most of the games I'm in will probably continue with the current rules for a while and when we get to the end, if the new rules are out, I imagine we'll discuss it. From the times it's come up, we're at least as likely to switch to PF2 or stay with (2023) 5e.

For myself, I haven't seen anything that makes me think the new rules are worth looking into.

tsadkiel

Legend
No, because I'm done buying multiple hardcover rulebooks for a single game. (I won't be picking up Tales of the Valiant for the same reason.)

If they put out a new Basic pdf I'll consider that, though. (And they could, but I don't think anyone at WotC has mentioned the basic rules for ages, so I am expecting not.)

Vael

Legend
Yes. While I may have hoped for more changes and refinements, it's still 5e, the way I prefer to play and run DnD. Not interested in crunchier systems, so this is the system I feel comfortable teaching and running.

That said, I do see myself waiting until I can get all three together.

Dire Bare

Legend
No, because I'm done buying multiple hardcover rulebooks for a single game. (I won't be picking up Tales of the Valiant for the same reason.)
I'll be picking up the new books later this year, but . . .

I would LOVE it if WotC changed the release paradigm and released a single "Core Book" to replace the trilogy of the PHB, DMG, and MM. I mean, we could still have all three of those books, but they would be supplements to the core book.

I'd dig something like that.

Remove ads