Do You Play Other Table Top Games?

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Before the pandemic, my wife and I played thru the various Pathfinder Adventure Card Games (Rise of the Runelords, Skull & Shackles, Mummy's Mask), some with family or friends. We had a hard time adjusting to the 2nd edition so that still waits for us.

Heroes of Terrinoth is kinda similar but a much smaller scope.

We also play Lords of Waterdeep for casual games. Descent Journeys in the Dark (2e), Imperial Assault, and Journeys in Middle Earth are more long term campaigns which use an app. Lots of expansions give those infinite play.

Dead of Winter and Eldritch Horror during the Halloween season. Munchkin, but it only works with 3 or more so it's been a while.

Roll Player, Boss Monster, and Tiny Epic Dungeons are fun once in a while.

5 Minute Dungeon is too stressful for our tastes.

Games still waiting to be played include Gloomhaven and Star Wars Outer Rim. Probably a few more hiding somewhere.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Besides TTRPGs (currently 5e, Masks: A New Generation, 1920s Pulp Call of Cthulhu but have played a wider variety), we have a long running big strategy boardgaming event 4 times a year. During the pandemic it went online (boardgamearena.com and some TableTop simulator mostly), and now we have a sister monthly virtual only since we have friends from Canada and all over the US we don't want to miss when we play in person.

We also do a lot of turn-based online boardgames, not sure if that counts as your definition of tabletop - they are games we could play sitting around a table, but we're not even sitting around a Discord for those since it's justa few turns each per day so I'd sort of discount them.

Some often played boardgames:
  • Dirigible Disaster - cooperative timed game.
  • Secret Hitler - social deduction
  • Two Rooms and a Boom - more social deduction
  • Coup - bluffing and strategy
  • Race for the Galaxy, Roll for the Galazy and New Frontiers - games around the same theme but realizing the mechanics in different ways from one publisher
  • 7 Wonders
  • Scythe
  • Castles of Burgundy
  • Puerto Rico
  • cuBirds
  • Taikado
  • PARKS
  • Wingspan
  • High Society
  • Welcome To & Welcome To Las Vegas
  • Carcassonne
  • Settlers of Catan
  • Dune
  • No Thanks! (a/k/a No Merci)
  • BANG!
  • Space Base
  • Beyond the Sun
  • Splendor
  • Tranquility
  • Lost Ruins of Arnak
  • Dice Hospital
  • Pandemic ... shoot, it's the newish timed cooperative one. As well as standard Pandemic.
  • King's Dilemma - I normally stay away from "legacy" type games that permanently change the game because it stresses me, but this one is pretty cool.
  • For Sale
  • Eminent Domain
  • Pit - our traditional closer
  • Incan Gold - our new closer
  • Deus
  • Turn the Tide
  • Res Arcana
  • Kingdom Builder
  • Sentinels of the Multiverse
  • Kingdom Builder
  • Aeon's End
  • Codewords
We normally have 2-3 tables going at once, so not everyone is going to play every game, but all of those have been played this year. And I'm sure more I can't remember.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The most regular non-rpgs are:
  • Ascension (deck building)
  • Bridge
  • MtG
  • Multiple-person solitaire
  • Kings in the Corner
  • Rummy 500
  • This Game is Bonkers!
Also have and play sometimes Scrabble, UNO, Yahtzee, Fishopoly, Battleship, Marvel Munchkin, Dungeon, Smash-Up!, Ticket to Ride, Splendor, Sorry, Chess, and Checkers, and used to play quite a bit of Canasta and Euchre. Play Dungeon Dice with my little one when at my folks.

Several other games around that don't get played much.

Last edited:

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I have a lot of ameritrash games.

In the old days we played many versions of axis and Allies. A little twilight imperium…I own all 1st edition battlelore stuff. Briefly conflict of heroes and combat commander. Own all the war of the Ring expansions.

But the truth is we can get people together, it’s D&D. I have many games still but relearning the rules to infrequently played games is hard to take these days.

Maybe my kids will pick these up in my stead? More likely yard sale fodder when I am older and can’t fight against it!

The fun we used to have with boardgames was huge…maybe one day…

Ulfgeir

Hero
Definitively play boardgames, thouh not as often as I would like.

But some favourites:

Go
Carcassonne
Settlers of Catan
Ricochet robots
Robo Rally
Ticket to Ride
Puerto Rico
The Captain is Dead

And for easier card-based games..

Fluxx
Love Letter
Ruby Gloom
Guillotine

And yes, I do have a bunch of games that I bought from kickstarters, and which I have not played yet. :(
Often because they either take too long, or the wrong number of players.

Once a month, our 4 core boardgamers organise a board/card game day and invite a guest to join. We keep records of the wins on an atrociously detailed excel spreadsheet which creates some healthy competition between us all.

Games so far included
Betrayal at the House on the Hill , Catan, Citadels, Clank!, Exploding Kittens, Joking Hazard, Munchkin, Love Letter , Pandemic, Sevens, Scrabble, Small World (and many of it expansions), Star Realms (Co-op), The Fox in the Forest, Trial by Trolley, 30 Seconds

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases