D&D Movie/TV Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

Do you think the D&D Movie will be good?

• Yes, and I plan to see it

Votes: 81 68.1%
  • Yes, but I won't see it for reasons

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • No, but I plan to see it anyway

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • No, and I won't see it

Votes: 17 14.3%

The 'speak with dead' clip was already better than the entire previous D&D movie.
Certainly better than any scene featuring the protagonists of that movie. I could have forgiven the dumb plot and terrible dragon cgi, but what absolutely kills the 2000 movie is that I find the adventuring party annoying and unlikable.

While you can never judge a movie for certain based on trailers and clips, even in its trailer the 2000 movie protagonists come of as tedious to watch for 2 hours. Several other major faults with that movie are also prominently featured in its trailer, including stilted line deliveries from a horribly miscast empress and laughable-even-in-2000 dragon effects. Whether Jeremy Irons' scene-chewing is another flaw, or far and away the best part of movie, is a matter of personal taste.

So at the very least this new movie has vastly more effective marketing.

I mentioned Fast and Furious movies earlier and I swear that Vin Diesel used to be able to speak clearly enough to be understood. Now he might as well be a mime for as much good his dialogue does.)
Man I hope this is a twist his career takes. Not enough mimes in action movies. Could easily be a franchise..

Mime Hard. ..or something

I don't know the exact number of dollars I'd be willing to pay for such a thing but it'd be an embarrassing number of dollars.

Remove ads