• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Does 5e have anything like Ironwood

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Dragon scale armor can presumably be worn by druids, as it is medium armor that is not made of metal. It's a +1 scale armor, which makes it 2 points better than +1 hide armor and 1 point worse than +1 half plate, so not too shabby for a druid.

Dragon scale armor is very rare, so by the guidelines it's appropriate after 11th level (and costs between 5,000 and 50,000 gp, if your group is into that sort of thing). It appears on table H, which gives you a 0.02% chance of finding it in a treasure hoard starting at level 5. So, yeah, talk to your DM about it. ;)

jimmyjimjam

First Post
Maybe ignore the thread if the subject matter bothers you rather than being condescending towards the OP? It's a novel approach, I know. But I have confidence in you.

Maybe he doesn't like pencil-necked powergamers and thinks they should stick to 4E where they belong?

Mod Note: Please read Morrus' post below. Thank you. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Henrix

Explorer
Some time I must learn to associate 'ironwood' with the spell/material rather than the long defunct comic book. Which was very good, if very NSFW.

The mental images formed by thread subjects are more interesting, though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
careful, morrus will drop his crumpets in rage if he sees this.

We've discussed your tendency to be an unlikeable dick previously. I was more polite last time. Don't spoil my Christmas Eve with reported post notifications. I intend to enjoy Xmas, and can't babysit you. So take the festive period off. If you decide to return, hopefully you'll amend your posting style. If you don't return, we'll all cope.

Last edited:

I would like (and in my hombrew it is) ironwood to be supernatural but not magic... old trees growing near rich soil with metal deposits give the potential for trees to grow iron wood, not every tree does, and blessings of druids/the gods make it more likely.

Derren

Hero
While there was a lot of snark involved I can understand the basis of the complaint that "no metal armor" is a signature limitation of the druid and should not be so easy, or preferrably at all, to bypass.
(And I wish that this would also apply to barbarians instead of allowing them to reach a high AC without wearing armor).

Remove ads