Does a printed option make you more likely to buy?

Do print editions make you more likely to buy from an e-publisher?

• Yes, it makes me more likely to buy

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • No, my interest level remains unchanged

Votes: 38 46.9%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would you say that offering traditional book (print) versions of E.N. Publishing products make you more likely to buy them? Or does your level of interest remain unchanged?

(I'm assuming in the poll that the additional option of print products doesn't make anyone less likely overall to buy ENP products, since the old option of PDF-only is still available).

dekrass

Explorer
I voted no, but thats only because I buy almost every book you put out.
It does mean I will spend more money on E.N. Pub. products.
I will very likely get many of your books in print from now on.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
No, I tend to buy more PDFs than print these days. But having print may well get some of my non-PDF players to buy. (Steam & Steel Devon, Steam & Steel...)

The Auld Grump, who wants more stuff like Steam & Steel, less like the Arsenals...

JimAde

First Post
I wish Auld Grump would quit reading my mind. :)

So, yeah, what he said, right down to getting my players to buy stuff, and preferring beefy products to little super-focused ones.

Kaji

First Post
All electronic, all the time.
As for the comments about beefy vs tiny...meh. Both have uses, but it would be fair to say that there are any tiny electronic products (Ronin Arts leaps to mine, as well as E.N Publishing) it's typical to require a wait until some other publisher decides to finally release a pdf (Green Ronin would be a good example, although they are clearly embracing the pdf model lately, and now that Wizards appears to be doing the same, that might be enough to make a difference in the market.) I've not bought any recent E. N. Stuff, but I've got my eye on the Banking .pdf

Greylock

First Post
I want books. I won't buy anything electronic unless it is an e-tool of some kind. Books belong on my shelves, on my kitchen table, on my bed-pillow, on my toilet. Not my pc.

(Excepting ENWorld Gamer. I'll take a mag in PDF format.)

Darrell

First Post
I pretty much never buy pdf products, so yes, it would make me more likely to buy if there were a print option...provided the material was of good quality (which I'm assuming is a given, though I haven't purchased any of the material to date), and was appropriate to my game/group.

Regards,
Darrell King

peacimowen

First Post
I have a lot of pdfs of various sorts.
I use 'em for reference on the computer, but I much prefer print books (not counting the incredible weight so many books would have).
I buy what few books I can afford when I can afford them. - I have not and will not pay for pdfs to download. (although I might consider buying CD or DVD compilations)

Remove ads