D&D (2024) Does anyone else think that 1D&D will create a significant divide in the community?

It’s not 50/50. You have a much higher chance of being wrong cause nothing supports your claim. D&D growing even more over the next 10 years is far more supported, cause what is looking like a successful movie and then media franchise is looking to take off.
since I started with saying that if the movie is a hit it will continue... I don't see how this disagrees with me
keep D&D relevant, an anniversary edition change and a movie and TV show might keep the bubble alive another 5-10 years...

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
it depends on what you mean by decline... if it is growing 12% per year right now and next year it is going to hold the same and the year after it grow an addition 2% I would say that is good... but Corp numbers see that as a disaster.
“Bubble” is really better used a macroeconomic term for entire industries or sections thereof.

A single company mistaking a fad for a long-term trend is just general corporate shortsightedness.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Asking honestly and without presuming an answer…

What did 3.0 to 3.5 do? Weren’t there “mixed groups?” I stayed with 3.0 and think a few friends had some 3.5 books.

I and sticking with 5.0…for reasons. But will this be any different from 3.0 and 3.5? What happened with 3.0 to 3.5?

Every new edition of D&D seems to bring about this discussion. People will play what the table wants to play, generally. People are still playing Basic/Expert/Etc, 2e, 3.x, Pathfinder, 4th edition, etc.

As a long time gamer, it only seems to be D&D that sprouts this discussion. I don't recall anyone having a discussion about going to Mongoose Traveller vs staying with the original Marc Miller Traveller. And yes, I know there's a huge size difference in sample but... I don't recall a proportionate response

Every new edition of D&D seems to bring about this discussion. People will play what the table wants to play, generally. People are still playing Basic/Expert/Etc, 2e, 3.x, Pathfinder, 4th edition, etc.

As a long time gamer, it only seems to be D&D that sprouts this discussion. I don't recall anyone having a discussion about going to Mongoose Traveller vs staying with the original Marc Miller Traveller. And yes, I know there's a huge size difference in sample but... I don't recall a proportionate response
I know people (me) that are playing the 20th Ann versions of OwoD instead of 5e WoD and played Owod instead of Nwod...

Vaalingrade

Legend
Asking honestly and without presuming an answer…

What did 3.0 to 3.5 do? Weren’t there “mixed groups?” I stayed with 3.0 and think a few friends had some 3.5 books.

I and sticking with 5.0…for reasons. But will this be any different from 3.0 and 3.5? What happened with 3.0 to 3.5?
I remember people swearing up and down they would stay with 3e until the reality of what their play group was doing hit them square in the jaw.

My teeth are still loose.

My ground went through the hostage negotiation to grandfather in my alchemist rogue and halflings being allowed to actually weild good weapons instead of Small ones.

Remove ads