D&D (2024) Does anyone else think that 1D&D will create a significant divide in the community?

I remember people swearing up and down they would stay with 3e until the reality of what their play group was doing hit them square in the jaw.

My teeth are still loose.

My ground went through the hostage negotiation to grandfather in my alchemist rogue and halflings being allowed to actually weild good weapons instead of Small ones.
Yup... and I remember saying we would finish out a 3.0 game or 2 and then move was what we settled on... but back then we had more gaming time

I know people (me) that are playing the 20th Ann versions of OwoD instead of 5e WoD and played Owod instead of Nwod...
Exactly. I don't remember too much upheaval when WoD came out with other editions. I don't know if it was because the systems were largely the same, to my understanding (at that point, most of my WoD gaming was LARP or playing on MUSHes). There wasn't so much inflammation about feeling 'betrayed' and 'how dare they come out with a new edition so soon'

Exactly. I don't remember too much upheaval when WoD came out with other editions. I don't know if it was because the systems were largely the same, to my understanding (at that point, most of my WoD gaming was LARP or playing on MUSHes). There wasn't so much inflammation about feeling 'betrayed' and 'how dare they come out with a new edition so soon'
As I asked around, also there is a shadowrun divide (But I don't know what it is...) as well.

That requires at least some heavy lifting in some areas where the setting and the mechanics butted up, though.
yeah but useing more or less the real world as the setting means I am doing less then making a whole D&D setting from scratch...but yeah.

MY current Vampire pitch in a 1920s game that is useing some V5 concepts (combining some discplines) and resetting the meta plot so the 'end times' starts in WW2 and will run through modern nights

Remove ads