Does Belief in Fictional Realms Cause Fictional Realms to Become Real, Physical Place

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What you are forgetting is that it is not possible for one realm to enter another. Current theory states that it would take all the energy in a known universe to open a hole small enough for a few particles to pass through - and that's about it. However, particles in this realm know what is going on (and therefore affect) particles in other realms, which means interaction.

As a physicist, I say, no, that doesn't work.

You see, there is no way particles in one universe to "know" what is going on or affect particles in other universes without an exchange of information between the universes. Information is energy. Energy is mass. If you can't move particles from one universe to another, you cannot move information between them either.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Hehe if you want to see fiction about something like that. Look Torchwood latest series (american version). Suddenly people can't die anymore storyline. I think it's meta-fiction is based on some fringe-ideas. If you actually want to see series I won't spoil more. I add however that few characters in storyline are quite disgusting.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I went back and read The Neverending Story. The reality warping powers as presented in the movie version were actually somewhat underpowered. In the book simply telling a story in Fantastica is enough for that story to become true, if the person telling the story is familiar with the human world or is actually from there. So all original stories told there become true, and have always been true from the moment that story is first told.

Edit:

It's a pretty interesting dynamic, because it means that you can't tell fairy tales there. The moment you tell the story it becomes history. It's no longer made up.

Last edited:

Remove ads