• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does Dungeons and Dragons need supported settings?

Votan

Explorer
Points of Light Land

It's one of the message boards abbreviations that I despise. What's wrong with saying "core setting"?

Wow; I actually wondered if a medieval Poland setting was being used somewhere (which would actually be a potentially cool idea as it was a pretty interesting region and fits with "dark myths" rather well).

Glyfair

Explorer
WotC appears to be doing that with the book Hammerfast. Why couldn't there be a similar book for Waterdeep, or the Dalelands, or an area in Eberron? Giving a team beleaguered DM a rich setting to draw on would only help keep DM's in the fold and playing the game.

Well, DDI has had the ongoing series fleshing out Fairhaven from Eberron. It's a very narrow slice, and only revealed a bit at a time, but it's there.

Then again, I have seen Eberron's support dwindle. The Eberron forums on the WotC site are pretty much a ghost town. Some of that might be due to Keith's drop in participation, but most of that I attribute to it's disappearance from the public eye. Even the DDI articles don't seem to be trumpeted much as Eberron articles.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads