• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Does the cultist attacking Greenest (or the guards and acolytes) look like members of a cult?

Leo_ASF

First Post
Well I'm running HotDQ and I got a little confused, the text hinted that most of the cultits are actually just paid mercenaries, so if there any clue they are members of a cult in the early attack? any purple robes, sigil, amulet or warcry, from "acolytes" or the "cultist" or they are all just random "mercenarie looking dudes" ?

Also any suggestion for the adventure in general is well received.

Tks

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
I interpret it as Cultists being actual cult members, albeit low-ranking ones (possibly not full members yet, but wanting to be). These probably have some sort of cult insignia, but not full uniform. Acolytes and dragonclaws are dedicated cult members and will be recognizable as such. Guards and the like are mercenaries, and kobolds are hangarounds that like the whole dragon thing but aren't very dedicated in terms of morale.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If you read ahead to Episode III, it mentions that everyone, mercenaries included, was in cult regalia to attack the town.

Remove ads