• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

does your party have a name

UnDfind

First Post
UMWU

I ran a campaign in FR where the group ended up calling themsleves the "Undermountain Worker's Union." It was pretty funny and it stuck, so it became the name of our gaming group.

But even now whenever someone mentions going into the undermountain, someone has to chime in with something like "Yeah, let's go see the old man...I want a raise!"

Tetsubo

First Post
The last group I GM'd for was known as the Campanions of the Crystal Star.

A Gamma World game I once ran had the PC's group known as Overkill. It really fit. :)

Kal Vito

First Post
ok ok i might

i have to tell the truth at first i hated the idea.......

but now i guees it has many advantages. The ideas kinda growing on me..

Trellian

Explorer
The Wyvern Project, special agents for the Cormyrean crown... its a thrill everytime they meet a wyvern ("Hey, you're with us, right? No? You should be"

Other names have been:

The Order of the Scorpion
The Rulers of the Desert (a Calimshan campaign)
The Children of Prophecy
The Nemesis of Evil
Waterdeep Warriors (sounds like a football team)

Aryoche

Explorer
Well, since I'm starting RttToEE tomorrow for an overzealous group whou could have stepped right out of KoDT, perhaps I should give them a name...

"It's a dead man's party..." LOL

Numion

First Post
The group in my game is named:

"The Slayers of Evil".

First it was going to be just Slayers, but the Goodly aligned portion of the group wanted to add a statement.

If you want to contact them, the office is in Copper Street, Scardale Town, Scardale, Fâerun, Toril. Office hours 8-16. They might have time for a gig or two after they complete RttToEE. :)

Donatello

Explorer
The party I DM is the Order of the Pegasus; an old knightly order they discovered in their home world, and then adopted when they were brought to Faerun, and now are legitimized as a Knightly Order of Mithril Hall, under King Bruenor.

My old 2e FRCS campaign was "The Stormlords", much to the chagrin of the church of Talos, who were made instant enemies.

I have played in groups with names such as The Wildrunners, The Gryphon Protectorate, and just "Them Guys" (very fun name "We're Them Guys, you called?")

Quickbeam

Explorer
I'd never really thought about this before, and must have overlooked the previous threads on this subject. To answer the topic question, though, no we don't have a party name...but perhaps I'll raise the issue during our next session just to see what's said. I could see my PC trying to convince the other party members how essential a good group name is to their success, fame and benefit throughout the realm. He'd be just like Daniel Stern's character in Home Alone trying to convince Joe Pecsi that they should call themsleves the "Wet Bandits." :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I need to engineer it such that the party I GM for goes into the employment of a king.

Then they could call themselves "The Royal F*** Ups".

Instead, they are just a bunch of unemployed f*** ups.

But amusing to watch.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads